Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2016, 07:20 AM   #1

Hello fellow photographers!

My name's Bubzie, Bubz for short, and I am a semi-newbie photographer!

I own a Pentax K-50, my first personally purchased and used DSLR, and I love it. It's so easy to use and has just the right amount of customization for me.

A little bit of background on me, I took photography classes all through high-school and my grandfather was a high-school photography teacher for I can't remember how many years. He lent me his older film Minolta camera for my classes and I fell in love.

The pride of taking pictures, working in the dark room and processing my very own photos really stuck with me. I was very lucky to have been able to experience a dark room because I doubt I will again without building my very own, and I don't see that many dollar signs in my future!

I mostly enjoy outdoor photography, nature and landscapes, and wildlife/animal subjects. I love the different textures of trees and plants, mushrooms, rivers and waterfalls. I like to mess with composition, which is why it's much easier and more enjoyable for me (at the moment!) to photograph inanimate objects.

I look forward to learning more and seeing everyone's skills while a part of these forums!

- Bubzie

09-19-2016, 07:58 AM   #2
csa
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the Forum! Glad you joined us. Yes, having the experience in a darkroom is something to be cherished. I had my own color darkroom for years, and really enjoyed the magic produced in it!

Hope you'll share some of your photos with us, here on the threads, as we'd love to see them!

Thanks for joining us here!
09-19-2016, 08:02 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum Bubz! Looking forward to seeing some of your images posted here.
09-19-2016, 08:20 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Welcome aboard! For me, too, the smell of chemicals is in the past. Digital is so much more convenient IMO, and much more immediate.As for subjects, I still shoot mostly stationary objects, but after I started to join the Daily challenges (that is, shoot and post something every day for a month) I shoot everything and anything. Trying to get something new every day really is a challenge! And great fun

Good to have you with us!

09-19-2016, 02:43 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello Bubz, and welcome to the forums - glad you could join us, and thanks for the interesting introduction; it's always nice to learn a little about new members

I also like to photograph inanimate objects, but that's largely because I'm still not very good with moving subjects!!

Looking forward to your involvement here
09-19-2016, 10:13 PM   #6
pjv
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Bubzie Quote
Hello fellow photographers!
Hi to you " Bubz for short." Interesting photographic history you have had. Looking forward to seeing some of your images once you have settled in.
Good to have you here Bubz.
09-20-2016, 04:23 AM   #7

Original Poster
Thank you all for the warm welcome! I am more than excited to share and get involved in the Pentax photography community

csa, you are so right! The ability to physically ___ and change the aspects of a photo is something I will never forget, and in the end it was so rewarding.

wtlwdwgn, thank you! I hope to upload some of my favorites soon

savoche, I was stumbling around through the different groups within the forums and I may follow your lead! Those challenges sound like a lot of fun, and a great way to continue learning!

BigMackCam, I am in complete agreement! I find that I enjoy being able to manipulate my subjects and photographic composition to get the photos I desire, and static subjects make it much easier

pjv, thanks for the welcome! I can't wait to share and see what kind of constructive criticism I can gather! I'm always looking to learn and take better pictures
(P.S: I'm glad you like my intro )
09-22-2016, 01:17 AM   #8
Site Supporter

G'day mate and welcome to the forum

09-22-2016, 02:01 AM   #9
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum!
09-22-2016, 05:44 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome! I have plenty of relatives in Northeastern Ohio, there are a lot of good places to go for photography there.
10-01-2016, 02:42 AM   #11
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome to the forum, enjoy all it has to offer.