Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2016, 12:36 PM   #1

Hello Pentax lovers

Hello everyone,

I am brand new on this website, my name is Nicolas, I am a french 25 years old wanna be photographer. I dropped digital step by step, I actualy never really liked it.
Pentax is my favorite brand for analog equipment, I mostly use pentax spotmatic I and II my first analog camera was a pentax p30T and my dream camera is the pentax 6x7 which I owe and I am actualy purchasing a second one, I might travel about 600 kms in next weeks to get it; it is never too much for one of those beauties. I firstly fall in love with the look of it and then I saw some pictures taken with it and it only made my love stronger.
I have been spending some time on this website since couple of years now so I decided that it was about time to get into the familie.

Please forgive my english who is not the best.

Nicolas

09-19-2016, 02:40 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello Nicolas, and welcome to the forums - glad you decided to join us at last!

Your English is just fine - and a thousand times better than my French!!

We have plenty of film shooters here, so you'll be in good company. Good luck with that second Pentax 6x7!
09-19-2016, 10:19 PM   #3
pjv
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas91 Quote
Hello Pentax lovers
Bonjour Nicolas. It is great that are enjoying your 6x7. A lovely piece of history that still works beautifully. Very good luck to you with becoming a professional photographer. Good to have you here.
09-22-2016, 07:48 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum Nicolas! Looking forward to seeing some of your images posted here.

09-26-2016, 01:40 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thank you all for the welcoming
10-02-2016, 01:15 AM   #6
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, good luck with entering into the business.

You may also want to consider having digital set up too. Many clients are often in too much of a hurry to wait for fine film imagery, which as we both know is a real shame.
10-02-2016, 09:06 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, good luck with entering into the business.

You may also want to consider having digital set up too. Many clients are often in too much of a hurry to wait for fine film imagery, which as we both know is a real shame.
Hello ! and thank you.
I do have a digital set up; a nikon d610 but I have a lack of optic, only 85mm f1.8 so my actions are limitated; the biggest shame are the clients haha, they all have a nephew who can do the same for free and apparently shooting there products is a reward in itself because it ll give visibility to my work etc etc ... Nothing that any photographer never heard I know but it is kind of disguing, and I have quite a big temperament so ... not always easy haha.
This is why I am now just taking shots for myself with lovely analog devices to feel the love of photography again