Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2016, 04:48 AM   #1

Hello!

Hi all, I decided to join the forum in hopes obtaining clarity on what my next purchase should be. I am currently a Canon user, started off with a 350D, and then bought a 60D a few years ago. Lately I've been using a M42 lenses with the 60D, namely the ubiquitous Helios 44M. Thus, the SR feature of the Pentax has piqued my interest in the brand quite a bit, as I hope to obtain and use more M42 lenses.

09-20-2016, 06:21 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello Pasan and welcome! With the 60D,you have an APS-C sensor, so anything from a K3 to a K50 or K70 would be an equivalent. If you want to go full frame to take full advantage of the M42 glass, the K-1 is a great option. Just get the K to 42 adapter (about $40) and you are set!

Regards,
09-20-2016, 10:08 PM   #3
pjv
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Pasan Quote
Thus, the SR feature of the Pentax has piqued my interest in the brand quite a bit, as I hope to obtain and use more M42 lenses.
Hi Pasan. Welcome to the Pentax forums, and hopefully a nice new Pentax camera body. The SR in the Pentax camera bodies is a great feature. All the legacy glass and new ones have the benefit of it. Enjoy your Pentax journey. Good to have you here.
09-21-2016, 10:31 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum Pasan! Looking forward to seeing some of your images posted here.

09-21-2016, 03:55 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello, Pasan - welcome to the forums; glad you could join us

There are some fantastic M42 lenses around (I had a 44M and will undoubtedly get another at some point), and many are real bargains. Pentax DSLRs are a great way to enjoy them, and I think you would like Pentax equipment overall. It doesn't have the same popularity these days as Canon or Nikon, but it's every bit as good. I started out with a Nikon DSLR some years ago, but moved to Pentax shortly after I got started, and I haven't looked back

I'm sure you'll get plenty of advice and opinions on which cameras to consider. I mostly use a K-3 and K-3II (with my old K-5 still pressed into service for adapted lenses), and I've been extremely happy with them. The K-3II will probably be replaced by a newer model in the next 6 - 12 months, so I imagine it will drop in price to be even more of a bargain.

Looking forward to your involvement here
09-22-2016, 01:16 AM   #6
Site Supporter

G'day mate and welcome to the forum
09-22-2016, 02:00 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum!
10-01-2016, 02:07 AM   #8
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome, we're very good here at helping folk spend their money.