Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-21-2016, 03:47 AM   #1

Hi all from Spain

Hi all!

I'm Álvaro, aka aremesal, and am from Northwest of Spain. I'm in my late 30's, and have been photographing for about 6 years. I like and practice travel and urban photography mostly.

After some bridges and an entry level reflex, I switched to micro4/3 mirrorless format and become a believer of the mirrorless and compact form factor. After a while with some E-PL's and OM-D's I changed all my ILC gear for a Fuji X100S, and began to enjoy light traveling.

And nowadays, I've switched to a Ricoh GR, because I've realized that that camera absolutely fits my style of photography, even more than the X100. I'm a little afraid about the lack of a viewfinder, but a few weeks ago I bought an old original GRD I (the one from 2006) just to try the Ricoh mod and layout and... I felt in love with it, and that's the reason for I've bought an APS-C GR.

So, I'm not a Pentax user, but a Ricoh user... anyway, nowadays Pentax-Ricoh is the same family, and I think this is the most active Ricoh GR forum, so here I am!

I addition to my digital work, I'm learning analog processes, and enjoy using some analog cameras, and developing and enlarging in my bathroom-lab.

I apologize for my poor english, it's not my mother language so please excuse me ifwhen I make some grammatical or orthographic error.

Best regards from Spain!

Last edited by aremesal; 09-21-2016 at 04:03 AM.
09-21-2016, 03:54 AM   #2
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello, Álvaro, and welcome to the forums - great to have you with us! And thanks for the background information; it's always nice to know a little about our new members

I've never used the GR. I do know that it's a very capable camera, and those who have one seem to get great results. We have plenty of GR owners here, so you're in good company.

Looking forward to seeing some of your photos... Oh, and your English is absolutely fine!
09-21-2016, 10:30 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum Alvaro! Looking forward to seeing some of your images posted here.
09-21-2016, 10:36 PM   #4
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hola Álvaro. Welcome to the Pentax forums. I am hoping to see some photographs from you from your beautiful Spain. Good to have you here.

09-22-2016, 02:04 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum!
09-22-2016, 05:45 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome aboard!
10-01-2016, 03:42 AM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy it all here.