Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2016, 05:34 PM   #1

Crazy World

Hello from Northern Michigan. Placed an order, which included free shipping, from the webstore called Adorama at 5:15PM yesterday. The package arrived this morning at 11:15AM. Crazy, eight hundred and fifty driving miles.

Feeling a bit of remorse over this purchase. Is getting a K-1 computer camera a good move? I get the new style shutter button but the film doesn't fit in the film compartment. Round roll in rectangular hole and the manual has no reference to film. And, I've been saving these magic cubes for like 45 years, got a really good deal on 3 cases of them. Not a reference to that either. Oh well.

Attached Images

09-22-2016, 05:44 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum! Nice purchase! I've bought from Adorama and they've managed to get my stuff to me quickly and no problem! Enjoy your transition to digital. And a bit further than 850 miles!
Attached Images

09-22-2016, 05:52 PM   #3

Original Poster
Hi Mark, Thank you for the welcoming words. Wow, all the way around to the other side of the planet.
09-22-2016, 05:55 PM   #4
mee
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Arthuritis Quote
Hello from Northern Michigan. Placed an order, which included free shipping, from the webstore called Adorama at 5:15PM yesterday. The package arrived this morning at 11:15AM. Crazy, eight hundred and fifty driving miles.

Feeling a bit of remorse over this purchase. Is getting a K-1 computer camera a good move? I get the new style shutter button but the film doesn't fit in the film compartment. Round roll in rectangular hole and the manual has no reference to film. And, I've been saving these magic cubes for like 45 years, got a really good deal on 3 cases of them. Not a reference to that either. Oh well.

Welcome. I'm afraid the magic cubes are only useful for selling on ebay as retro cool items..

You've stepped into a different world. Much like going from horse drawn buggy to these new fangled motorized contraptions.

But let's test Adorama's speed... order another K-1 and have it shipped to my address. It is roughly an 1100 mile drive. But I'll let you know if it gets here in a single day. deal?

09-22-2016, 06:27 PM - 1 Like   #5

Original Poster
Hello mee, Thanks for the welcome. Too bad about the cubes.

Yeah, different world. Recently went from a mid 90's pickup truck to a 2016 Chrysler, YOWZER is all I have ta say to that.

About the speed test, you have a very creative mind. Keep your eye out for the Brown truck and post back with results.
09-22-2016, 10:06 PM   #6
pjv
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hello from Northern Michigan.
Hello to you from Australia !! Welcome to the Pentax forums. Everyone here who owns that lovely K-1 ( not me yet ) is really enjoying it, so I hope you do as well. Good to have you here.
09-23-2016, 12:29 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello and welcome to the forums - glad you could join us, and my-oh-my you've done it in style Congratulations on the K-1... Just remember, you don't need a big black cloth draped over you when shooting
09-23-2016, 09:13 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome aboard! Think of all the space you will no longer require for those glass plates!

09-23-2016, 09:21 AM - 1 Like   #9
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Is getting a K-1 computer camera a good move? I get the new style shutter button but the film doesn't fit in the film compartment. Round roll in rectangular hole and the manual has no reference to film. And, I've been saving these magic cubes for like 45 years, got a really good deal on 3 cases of them. Not a reference to that either. Oh well.
No, sadly, it wasn't a good choice.
I'd be glad to help you out though. I have an Instamatic that I'll trade you straight across. Just send me your K-1.
I'll even pay the shipping.

Welcome to the forum!
09-23-2016, 10:16 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll see Jim's Instamatic and raise him one unused Diana+... with flash.

That's how I roll...

09-23-2016, 10:34 AM   #11
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum! When you get the (digital) film loaded we look forward to seeing some of your images posted here.
09-23-2016, 02:30 PM   #12
smf
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome and best wishes.

Please consider joining the Michigan social group and the Midwest/Great Lakes social group here at Pentaforums.
09-24-2016, 06:40 AM - 1 Like   #13

Original Poster
Thank you all for the warm welcomes. For the time being, I will pass on those generous offers of trade. It is nice too know of a site with such giving souls.
10-01-2016, 12:21 PM   #14
Moderator PEG Judges

at 5:15PM yesterday. The package arrived this morning at 11:15AM
Welcome to the forum, now that's what I call good service, enjoy your new K1.
10-02-2016, 12:40 AM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum! I can't wait to test the time it takes to ship k-1 to California but for the time being I'll just have to enjoy your K-1 shots!