Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
09-23-2016, 09:37 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Goodbye to all our friends here

Hi everyone. We wanted to say goodbye and a big thank you to everyone at Pentax Forums. From funny squirrels to huge help with technical issues, it's been a great few years here. Our needs changed, otherwise we would of stayed with with Pentax, and we will miss everyone here. Thank you all!

David & Karen

09-23-2016, 09:50 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by David&karen Quote
Hi everyone. We wanted to say goodbye and a big thank you to everyone at Pentax Forums. From funny squirrels to huge help with technical issues, it's been a great few years here. Our needs changed, otherwise we would of stayed with with Pentax, and we will miss everyone here. Thank you all!

David & Karen
Sad to see you going away like this
and I hope you will keep up with your good photography !
Cheers!
09-23-2016, 10:04 AM   #3
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

David & Karen - sorry to see you go, but wishing you all the best. The door is always open if you want to visit (we have a good number of members who shoot other systems too, or have moved on to other brands)
09-23-2016, 10:05 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

David & Karen
Hey, why not stick around? We're not a Pentax-exclusive group here - along with Pentax I post my iPhone and Fuji X10 shots as well. I don't think you'll find a better photography-oriented forum anywhere else online . Good luck and hope to see you again.

09-23-2016, 10:10 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
We just did not want to disappear into the black hole of Nikon land and not say goodbye. A good suggestion to post here also.
09-23-2016, 10:38 AM   #6
Forum Member

David, hope we do see you back, time to time, and my thanks for an excellent lens I am enjoying immensely.

Good luck & good shooting to you & yours!
09-23-2016, 10:41 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Most parts of the site that are photo centric are brand agnostic. The chatter is more Pentax oriented but so what? Lol.

09-23-2016, 11:08 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Hate to see you go; whatever works for you is all that matter... please stop by from time to time and offer some good advice, which would be great...
09-23-2016, 12:17 PM   #9
Pentaxian

David & Karen
The non-Pentax section is always open to you (we'd love to know what you think of your new equipment), and you are of course always welcome back if you should decide that Pentax meets your needs once more.
09-23-2016, 01:26 PM - 1 Like   #10
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi David and Karen.

I have never conversed with you before today, but thanks for the very nice goodbye.

On the Kiwi Thread here on the forum we have a member/participant who used to shoot Pentax, but swapped to Nikon some years ago as he semi-professionally shoots night, under lights rugby - that is a fast moving sport. Nikon was as better answer for him and what he does. He is still welcome and still comes in to say hello on occasions.

Like others above, can I suggest that is ok to stay, this is a pretty friendly place, and you would still be very welcome.

Friendships formed, even online ones, do not disappear just because you brought and use a different brand of camera.

Pentax Forum is a community, and you are part of it

Just my thoughts....

Ross
09-23-2016, 01:34 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Best of luck, and as was mentioned before, there is the non Pentax section here. What would be a photographer's farewell? May your exposure always be correct and your pictures in focus?
09-23-2016, 02:17 PM - 1 Like   #12
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I am part of the herd, now, but I still hang out here and post in the sheep section. Big places like Fred Miranda have too many posters and you just get trampled in the thread rush.
10-01-2016, 09:35 AM   #13
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Whilst I don't think we've spoken directly, there's no need to say goodbye, we're all photographers here and many of us shoot other systems too, myself included.

So just stay with us and contribute when you get a chance.