Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-06-2016, 09:25 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
New Pentax SLR owner

Good Day, everyone! I've never been much interested in photography, let alone film, until I found a Canon AE-1 in my local thrift-shop for $5. That was close to 2 years ago while stationed at Ft. Bragg. Now I'm in South Korea, a beautiful place with lots of rich and historical things to capture on film. I really enjoyed playing around and learning that I bought a Canon T70 after moving here. Well, as luck would have it I recently lost my camera bag with both cameras among some other equipment in the back of a taxi after a trip to China. While I enjoyed shooting with film and the build up of anticipation when processing film, I didn't truly understand how much I enjoyed it until I lost my bag. While I'm upset about not having the Canon's, I'm even more upset about the 10 rolls of film of precious memories that are now gone. Well, I do have some good news...the photography world has some really nice people in it. I fellow soldier and mate who recently moved back stateside was given a toughbox with two Pentax film SLR's and a few lenses and filters. These pieces hadn't been touched in 20 years and for a small price and shipping I now have a Pentax ME Super and Pentax PZ-20 with a Pentax 1:2 50mm, Sears 1:1.7 50mm, Pentax-FA 1:3.5 28-80mm, Pentax-F 1:4.7 80-200mm, and Hanimax 1:4.5 80-200mm. Got some fresh batteries for the ME Super and took a few shots already today. Now just need to find a 2CR5 battery (no luck shipping with Amazon).

Anyways, I've enjoyed browsing through many of the film pictures and am in awe and inspired.

Cheers,

10-06-2016, 11:08 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Loved my ME Super, that was my first bayonet-mount camera. Glad you've joined us!
10-06-2016, 11:55 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, enjoy using these fine vintage Pentax cameras.
10-06-2016, 12:35 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome and post some pictures in the film section when you get a chance!

Phil.

10-06-2016, 09:06 PM   #5
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Rokdoc Quote
New Pentax SLR owner
Hi Joby. Welcome to the Pentax forums and Pentax equipment. Many members here still " film " it, so don't be shy about asking for any help or advice that you may need. Good to have you here.
10-07-2016, 10:50 AM   #6
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello and welcome to the forums - great to have you with us, and thanks for an interesting intro post.

There are plenty of film folks here, so you won't be short of company. We're a friendly bunch here, and look forward to your involvement

Although I mainly shoot digital, I have a couple of film cameras I'm starting to use a little more now, one of which is also an ME Super. Fantastic little camera, and very capable...