Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2016, 10:31 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Hello!

Hello all!

I'm Paul, a Northern Irish expat now living in the Roanoke, Virginia area (since 2005).

I've been shooting with a manual focus Pentax 645 as my primary camera for a couple of years now, currently with 45, 75 and 150mm lenses. Film work is all black and white and I print in the darkroom when I get the chance (though we just moved and I'm still trying to figure out how to make the space I have work as a darkroom). That said, I'm not averse to scanning the film either! I'll shoot most anything, but am most "at home" with landscape work.

Attached photo is a scan from a darkroom print (which...I appear not to have done any dust spotting on!), the negative was originally shot last spring while on a trip to California using (of course) the Pentax 645. Love the results I get with this system, even if the controls are a little eccentric!

Attached Images

10-07-2016, 10:36 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums, Paul - glad you could join us

We have plenty of film folks here, including a number of 645 users - you'll have plenty of company

I rather like seeing a few dust spots and other imperfections on developed film shots. It adds to the analogue feel... Some of us actually spend time in post-processing trying to get that look, you know!!
10-07-2016, 12:48 PM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy all it has to offer you.
10-07-2016, 02:42 PM   #4
pjv
Eager To Learn

Photos: Gallery
Hi Paul. Welcome to the Pentax forums. Excellent 1st photograph from you. Hope to see more in the future once you have settled in here. Good luck with setting up a darkroom in your new digs !! Good to have you aboard.