Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-09-2016, 09:40 AM   #1

Hi from Lancashire Uk

What a great forum, already a great help... sorry about the user name but you'll see why I chose it if I post any pics

New to DSLR but loving my KS2. Hoping to learn macro and astrophotography with it.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Ben

10-09-2016, 09:49 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hello from Austin, TX! Welcome to the forum Ben! Hope to see some of those posts.
10-09-2016, 09:50 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the PF. A search of the articles in the forum will lead to much info about macro as well as a complete series on astrophotography. Have fun.
10-09-2016, 10:19 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BenTurpin Quote
sorry about the user name but you'll see why I chose it if I post any pics
Welcome to the forum, I thought it was because you don't wear a mask or somebody already had Dick Turpin.

10-09-2016, 12:00 PM   #5
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello Ben, and welcome to the forums - good to have you with us!

The K-S2 was a fine choice. If you have questions or need help at any point, please ask - there are plenty of knowledgeable folks here to assist
10-09-2016, 12:25 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome all. I chose Pentax based on the quality of this forum - hope Ricoh are watching....send money!

The KS2 is amazing so far, have updated firmware and not seen any glitches in operation. Fingers crossed.

Ben
10-09-2016, 12:29 PM   #7
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I chose Pentax based on the quality of this forum
This place is a large part of why I enjoy shooting with Pentax gear. These are very active forums with, for the most part, a very friendly and helpful user base. You'll make good friends here, and you'll learn a lot too... I certainly have

10-09-2016, 09:10 PM   #8
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Lancashire Uk
Hi Ben. Welcome to the Pentax forums. As Mike said, please don't be shy about asking for any help or advice that you may need. Looking forward to seeing some of your images and having your username pop up in the discussions too !!! Good to have you here.
10-10-2016, 09:40 AM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Hi Ben. Welcome to the Pentax forums. As Mike said, please don't be shy about asking for any help or advice that you may need. Looking forward to seeing some of your images and having your username pop up in the discussions too !!! Good to have you here.
Cheers, I'll post a few pics from the KS2 when I get a chance. It's an incredible piece of kit for someone who's last SLR was a Minolta film jobby....1985ish.