Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2016, 09:05 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Hello from Wyoming

Hi to all from beautiful Wyoming. Photography has been a consuming hobby of mine for many years. Besides some forays back to film, I have spent the past few years shooting with Olympus mirrorless cameras which I am quite fond of. The introduction of the Pentax K1 attracted my attention and I have since been trying to familiarize myself with the full line with thoughts of eventually purchasing a DSLR. I'm impressed with what I've read regarding Pentax and look forward to learning more here.

10-10-2016, 11:16 PM - 1 Like   #2
pjv
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Chromaphobe Quote
Hello from Wyoming
Hi Brian. Welcome to the Pentax forums and maybe some Pentax equipment. I am very biased, but I'm sure whichever camera body you finish up with, you will be more than happy with. Good to have you here.
10-11-2016, 12:03 AM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome to the forum, I can fully recommend the K1 for capturing all those wide Wyoming spaces.
10-11-2016, 12:48 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Pentax club Brian.

The K-1 is the way to go. Look at all the vintage M and A glass available. Or the Takumars. Or the Russian M42 mount lenses.

So many choices of some of the best glass available.

Looking forward to seeing some of your images from the Cowboy State. I've been through Lander, beautiful country. And you have the Tetons right up the road.

And it is Autumn.

The colors are very nice this time of year.

10-11-2016, 01:39 AM   #5
PJ1
Site Supporter

Welcome to the Forums. You have some great photo opportunities in "the Equality State" (a piece of trivia I picked up just today!). Using legacy glass with Pentax gear gives you some great options.
10-11-2016, 07:26 AM   #6
csa
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to you, from a "neighbor"! You can't go wrong with Pentax; there are such nice choices in bodies and especially lenses. I've recently discovered Tamron Adaptall lenses, and really enjoy using them. Wyoming used to be my home when I was a child for a few years, so have a soft spot for the State! Would love to see some of your photos of the landscape!
10-11-2016, 08:06 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forums.
10-11-2016, 08:39 AM   #8
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! Next year in the Wind River Range, I go every 19 years so it's time again A Praktica in '79, Program Plus and smc-m 24-50 f4 in '98. That would be a nice K-1 lens.

And get your gear ready, your eclipse is only 10 months away!!

10-11-2016, 12:19 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello Brian - welcome aboard, great to have you with us

I don't own a K-1, but I've been shooting with the higher-end Pentax APS-C bodies since early 2010, and I remain as impressed as ever with the build, features, performance and image quality.

From what I've read, the K-1 is every bit as good as previous models and then some, plus of course it has a so-called "full frame" sensor. The results some people here are getting prove that it's an extremely capable camera. I very much doubt you could be disappointed with it

PentaxForums is a significant part of what makes Pentax ownership rewarding for me, as the forums here are very active, with some extremely knowledgeable and helpful members.

Last edited by BigMackCam; 10-17-2016 at 03:54 AM.
10-16-2016, 10:45 AM   #10

Hi to all from beautiful Wyoming. Photography has been a consuming hobby of mine for many years. Besides some forays back to film, I have spent the past few years shooting with Olympus mirrorless cameras which I am quite fond of. The introduction of the Pentax K1 attracted my attention and I have since been trying to familiarize myself with the full line with thoughts of eventually purchasing a DSLR. I'm impressed with what I've read regarding Pentax and look forward to learning more here.
Hi neighbor! I'm also in Lander.
10-16-2016, 08:21 PM   #11
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by punkymonkey Quote
Hi neighbor! I'm also in Lander.
Hi, punkymonkey, who'd have thought there would be another pentaxian in our lttle town! I've got a K3 on the way!!!
10-17-2016, 03:36 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi, punkymonkey, who'd have thought there would be another pentaxian in our lttle town! I've got a K3 on the way!!!

Welcome aboard. I think that we have now located that place in the US with the highest per capita concentration of Pentax camera owners. Near U.S. Route 20 too. Just like me! I live only a few miles east of your little town in western NY.