Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-12-2016, 07:46 AM   #1

Hi to all from Enniskillen Northern Ireland,

Hi all I'm not new to my pentax camera I have a k x and love every inch of it for me its a hobby, however I received a new lense today as a gift, a sigma F4-5.6 DG MACRO it looks great however it dosent fit it is the same size but a diferent connection, dont really want to return it as my husband bought it for me, can anyone out there help me please,
Kind regards Di

10-12-2016, 08:34 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Can you post a photo of the rear of the lens showing the mount?
10-12-2016, 08:37 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
If you want it to function, as far as I know it has to have the K-Mount. That means it should be specified to be a Sigma for Pentax K-Mount lens.
10-12-2016, 01:12 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome to the forum, you'll need to give us a little more info or as From1980 suggests a few wee photos of this lens.

10-12-2016, 02:13 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
If you want it to function, as far as I know it has to have the K-Mount. That means it should be specified to be a Sigma for Pentax K-Mount lens.
Thanks for replying not sure what to do on the instructions with the lense it dose say suitable for pentax dslr but not the kx thanks again
10-12-2016, 02:22 PM   #6
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dislater Quote
Thanks for replying not sure what to do on the instructions with the lense it dose say suitable for pentax dslr but not the kx thanks again
Any lens that works on one Pentax DSLR will work on all Pentax DSLRs, including the Kx.
Could you post the exact wording from the instructions?
10-13-2016, 02:05 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello and welcome to the forums - great to have you with us

If you could post a photo of the lens and its mount, with the rear protective cap removed so we can see it properly, we should be able to tell quite easily if it's for Pentax K-mount...
10-13-2016, 07:42 AM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
Hi sorry to bother but is it possible to get a k mount for it or does it it have to come as a k fit many thanks

10-13-2016, 07:58 AM   #9
Site Supporter

It's generally too expensive and too much trouble to attempt an adaptation of the mount for most lenses. This lens or something similar could probably be obtained in K mount a lot easier than trying to make it fit. A better informed opinion could be given if we see a photo of it even if taken with your phone camera.
10-13-2016, 08:05 AM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by From1980 Quote
It's generally too expensive and too much trouble to attempt an adaptation of the mount for most lenses. This lens or something similar could probably be obtained in K mount a lot easier than trying to make it fit. A better informed opinion could be given if we see a photo of it even if taken with your phone camera.
Hi i have taken a photo but can't get it up on here, just a pain going to have a cup of tea then try again lol thanks it looks like i will have to return it 😕 thanks your comment are very helpful
10-13-2016, 08:18 AM - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dislater Quote
i have taken a photo but can't get it up on here
Perhaps reading the link below will help:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/12-post-your-photos/6-how-upload-link-pho...tart-here.html
10-13-2016, 08:20 AM - 1 Like   #12
Site Supporter

This article may help, posted by Adam several years ago about when PF started.

PentaxForums.com → Photo Sharing and Galleries → Post Your Photos! → How to upload / link photos - BEGINNERS START HERE

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/12-post-your-photos/6-how-upload-link-pho...#ixzz4MykU1njE
10-13-2016, 08:23 AM   #13
Site Supporter

OP should get it now, two of the same instructions posted within minutes of each other.
10-13-2016, 01:14 PM - 1 Like   #14
Site Supporter

Ah the memories, you're just more than a brassie and long iron from my family's home grounds (dad born near Droughdea, mom's dad from county Cavan). Welcome!
I've only been to Ireland once, and with a very basic compact digi-cam; I look forward to seeing the entire island more thoroughly, and with a Pentax in hand
10-15-2016, 02:31 PM   #15

Original Poster
Well just to let everyone who replied to my question that i reluctantly returned my lense, now to find another lol thanks again for your help, I'm sure it wont be my last question. ....thanks