Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-27-2008, 08:03 AM   #1
Forum Member

Hi Y'all

Hello everyone. I have been a Pentax fan for easily 25 years, and have enjoyed photography as a hobby since my teenage days (and that was a long time ago!).

Unfortunately, due to time demands, I was forced to push my hobbies to the "back burner" for a number of years, and now that I'm retired, I'm looking to get back behind the lens to see how much my talents have suffered.
I'm located just outside of New Orleans in the surburbs, and am looking forward to be back discussing photography with people who have the same interests.
John

07-27-2008, 08:43 AM   #2
Banned

howdy, welcome to the forums John.
07-27-2008, 10:01 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome John. What camera are you shooting with these days? You'll find a lot of helpful folks around this forum. It is a great place to learn and share!
07-27-2008, 10:54 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LaRee Quote
Welcome John. What camera are you shooting with these days? You'll find a lot of helpful folks around this forum. It is a great place to learn and share!
Actually, I'm not shooting with anything right now. I created a post over on the DSLR forum asking questions, so I'l be looking to make a purchase in the not too distant future.
Thanks,
John

07-27-2008, 09:20 PM   #5
Damn Brit

Welcome, we look forward to seeing which DSLR you decide on.
08-07-2008, 08:42 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
D B, If you haven't seen my response over on the DSLR forum, I was able to pick up a *ist DL w/kit lens and flash from someone on this board. Right now, I'm feeling like a kid at Christmas, and having fun just learning the camera. I'm beginning to get comfortable with the controls and will soon try experimenting with my collection of Pentax film lenses. Hopefully, within a few days or weeks, I'll have some shots worthy of posting here.
John