Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-17-2016, 03:43 AM   #1

Greetings Pentax Fans

I am new to this Forum, but an old Pentax user. I started with an Ashi Spotmatic II in 1972, then later added the K-1, and Program Plus with assorted Lenses to my film versions of the nice Pentax Cameras. I've developed B&W as well as Color Slides in the past, and now with negative scanners available, I've gotten reinvigorated to try color negatives with C-41. The film technology hasn't completely died yet. Recently I joined the Digital World with the K-3 and I am very excited in that I can still use all my old Lenses. I've also invested in a nice Epson printer (Artisan 1430). Thanks for providing great info.

10-17-2016, 06:28 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Welcome aboard! You already know there are quite a number of film shooters here, it seems. Although I do miss the smell of chemicals at times I'm all digital - too lazy to go back to film
10-17-2016, 11:01 AM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard, just one of the many joys of Pentax ownership is backwards lens compatibility.
10-17-2016, 12:38 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks Savoche and Kerrowdown. I'll probably do more digital than film - the frustrating part is you have to wait until you have at least 8 rolls of film to save some on the chemicals; but, it is fun and I plan to experiment a little with the silver recovery.

10-17-2016, 04:42 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just testing

Welcome aboard!
10-17-2016, 09:05 PM   #6
pjv
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxJunky Quote
Greetings Pentax Fans
Hi Randy. Welcome to the Pentax forums. You have already had a long history with Pentax, and I hope it continues for many years to come !!
Good to have you here.
10-17-2016, 10:24 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Welcome aboard Pentax Forums. You have a nom de plume that could apply to any number of us here. Your journey with Pentax started around the same time as mine, although mine began with an S3 (H3 in the USA), and moved through a number of M42 bodies, before settling on a K2DMD in 1981, after which I bought a *istD, then a number of Pentax DSLRs, before settling finally (possibly) on a K-1.

I'm sure you'll find there are more than a few of us with similar backgrounds. We look forward to the benefit of your experience.
10-18-2016, 02:03 AM   #8

Original Poster
Pentax Forum

Thanks pjv and RobA_Oz .

10-18-2016, 07:49 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello and welcome to the forums - glad you could join us Film certainly hasn't died... Here in the UK, several of the camera shops stocking used film gear are reporting an increase in demand for good condition equipment, and it seems there's a general increase in popularity of film, which is nice to see. If you develop your own, I can see that it would still be quite economical too