Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2016, 08:07 AM   #1

Hello!

My name is Marcin, from Poland, though I haven't been home in over a year and currently am staying in the USA.
We're a travelling couple, cyclists, with a dog in tow, who rides in a trailer. There is a blog:, where we post about stuff that interests us: mostly slow life-style, food and travel, and stuff we feel is local and authentic or just, in our opinion, interesting.
I have been introduced to Pentax by my grandfather, via the Praktica brand. He gave me my first camera. Since then I've gone through several film cameras (Praktica, Pentax, Chinon) and finally got a K-r several years ago. Been super happy with that camera (though I would prefer a better live view implementation) but unfortunately the K-r died recently. It's the reason I'm joining the forums, to seek advice how to revive it. I've been around though, mostly checking out the reviews of lenses. Always on the look out for those, especially since in a small shop in Marocco I bought the Pentax F 50mm 1.7 for next to nothing -- it's the lens with which we've taken most of our close-ups of food. It's an excellent lens for this purpose!
Anyway, if you feel so inclined, have a look at the thread where I describe to problem with my camera (I'll add the link when I'm finished with the post):

Happy shooting, y'all!
-M.

Last edited by photolady95; 10-21-2016 at 09:39 AM. Reason: removed personal link
10-21-2016, 09:17 AM   #2

Original Poster
I don't know how to edit the post... So, here the link to the other thread:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/189-repairs-warranty-service/332259-k-r-wont-turn.html
10-21-2016, 02:57 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy all it has to offer and I'm sure someone may be able to assist you with your issue.
10-21-2016, 04:21 PM   #4
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by sader01 Quote
Hello!
Hi Marcin from Australia. Welcome to the Pentax forums. Good to have you aboard.

10-21-2016, 06:40 PM   #5

Original Poster
thank you

Thank you guys. It's good to be here!
10-24-2016, 02:59 AM   #6
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello Marcin, and a belated welcome to the forums - glad you could join us. I hope you get your K-r problem sorted out. If not, there are always some excellent deals on used equipment in our Marketplace. Depending on the age and level of camera you need, you should be able to pick something up quite cheaply