Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2016, 07:52 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hello from SW Florida!

New to the forum and new to DSLR. Just ordered the Pentax K70...should arrive next Monday!! Excited!!!! Anyhow...question...I read somewhere that the camera does not come with hdmi cable and that I will need one to transfer pics to my PC...is this true? and if so...that article said I needed a mini 'C' cable but when I looked on Amazon, it lists a 'D' cable for this camera. Is there a reason the wifi would not work with my Dell to do the transfer (windows 10)?
Thanks,
Arlene

10-27-2016, 08:12 AM   #2
Insanely humble
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums! I'm not sure what cables they include with the camera, but there are three ways of transferring images from the camera to the computer. One is via a USB cable, another is via wifi, or you could use a card reader. I prefer the last option as I find that less fiddly than using a cable; others are the other way around. Wifi I find too slow and something I use only on those rare occasions where I have to use my phone to upload images.

The K-70 is a great camera, you have something to look forward to

Good to have you with us!
10-27-2016, 10:26 AM - 1 Like   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Welcome to the forums! I'm not sure what cables they include with the camera, but there are three ways of transferring images from the camera to the computer. One is via a USB cable, another is via wifi, or you could use a card reader. I prefer the last option as I find that less fiddly than using a cable; others are the other way around. Wifi I find too slow and something I use only on those rare occasions where I have to use my phone to upload images.

The K-70 is a great camera, you have something to look forward to

Good to have you with us!
Thanks! Looking forward to being part of the Pentaxian family!
10-27-2016, 01:33 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ARHayes Quote
should arrive next Monday!! Excited!!!!
Welcome aboard, you sound like your waiting for Santa.

10-27-2016, 06:43 PM - 1 Like   #5
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ARHayes Quote
Hello from SW Florida!
Hi Arlen from Australia. Welcome to the Pentax forums, and the lovely new K-70 !!! Looking forward to seeing some of your photographs after you have settled in. Good to have you here.
10-29-2016, 01:39 AM - 1 Like   #6
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello Arlene, and welcome aboard - glad you could join us.

Wow, a new K-70 - how exciting! I don't own one so can't advise; however, I've downloaded RAW and JPEG image samples to look at, and the image quality is really impressive. I think you're going to have a lot of fun with that new camera