Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2016, 05:43 PM   #1

Hello from California

Hello, I decided to join the Pentax forum to make sure i'm making the right decision switching from Nikon to Pentax. Hopefully in a month or two i'll be able to afford a K1 to upgrade from my D3100 from Nikon I've been wanting to go full frame and get something rugged and water sealed. I'm still practicing photography but last year I got into the top 100 in a photography contest (honorable mention) which I was pretty proud of.

Some of my photos. The B&W is the photo I entered in the contest.
Any tips/criticism would be welcome as well.

---------- Post added 10-27-16 at 06:57 PM ----------

They didnt seem to post the first time.

10-27-2016, 06:31 PM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by EvilBunny Quote
Hello from California
Hi Kenny from Australia. Welcome to the Pentax forums. Very good 1st photographs from you, and hope to see more soon. Good to have you here.
10-27-2016, 10:43 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, the K1 has certainly been well received here by the membership.
10-29-2016, 01:51 AM   #4
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello Kenny, and welcome to the forums - glad you could join us.

Those are lovely photos - thanks for sharing them.

Regarding your possible switch to Pentax... I shoot more than one system, but Pentax is my favourite by far. It has it's quirks and limitations, just like any other system. For me, a major benefit of shooting Pentax is these forums. It makes a huge difference to me and many others to have such an active user community, both socially and as a source of learning, help and advice.

The K-1 is proving to be an outstanding camera - again, not without its quirks, but overall a highly capable pro-quality camera. I have no reason to suspect you'd be anything other than delighted with it