Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
11-22-2016, 04:49 AM - 4 Likes   #1
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Are there other finns here?

Hi

Posting seems to be necessary to get private messages working, so introduction might be proper way to start. I stepped into Pentax with K-30 after my Nikon was stolen with all the lenses. Had a change to a new start without the burdens of the past and came to Pentax in the search of the IQ with good value. I haven't really been a serious photographer. More like happy snapper with appreciation to beautiful pictures. Been lurking in the background when in need of information.

Forum came very handy when Pentax decided that I should take photographing more seriously and kindly pushed me into to the legacy primes with aperture block failure. I hadn't had enough courage to go fully manual before. I have learned photographing in film era with manual camera, but since then the automation had made me lazy and pretty much always relied on camera to focus and exposure. About a month now from failure. So far I'm enjoying the experience and stoked about pictures I get. Just need more primes...

11-22-2016, 05:04 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum. Great pix!
11-22-2016, 05:07 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and your budding LBA, as for more more Finnish folk I'm sure there's a few in here already.
11-22-2016, 05:13 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

We have just over 300 other members from Finland according to the member list. Just select Finland in the country dropdown and hit submit:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/memberlist.php?do=search

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-22-2016, 07:48 AM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

Welcome!

I'm one from Finland, we also have finnish pentaxian group at here. It might not be most busy, but you'll have someone to have a chat with at there too. Have fun!

Siul onkin jo hyvä alku kuvien kera täällä.
11-22-2016, 08:18 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome.
Pahuksen hyvännäköisiä kuvia!
11-22-2016, 08:53 AM   #7

Terve!

Hyviä kuvia!

Nice photos, you have! Wellcome aboard! As member repaap already told, here's a social group "Finnish Pentaxians". The talk around there is not very busy, but perhaps the situation is about to change!

Last edited by Supakatti; 11-22-2016 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Noticed the other member had wrote almost the same :)
11-22-2016, 08:55 AM - 1 Like   #8
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
Are there other finns here?
Wow, they're all appearing out of the woodwork thick and fast now.
11-22-2016, 10:03 AM   #9
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
we also have finnish pentaxian group at here. It might not be most busy, but you'll have someone to have a chat with at there too. Have fun!
Thanks, joined the company. Don't promise to be the one to light up the conservation.

And thanks to for nice words about my pictures. All but the candle are taken with SMC Pentax-M 50mm F1.7 I bought after the block failure. Previously I haven't had a glass that produces pictures on this level. Same goes also for the SMC Pentax-M 100mm F2.8 which I got for myself at the same time and used to take the candle picture. Things seem to be turning out quite nicely after all.
11-22-2016, 06:17 PM   #10
Closed Account

Hi from Australia. Welcome to the Pentax forums. Good to have you aboard.
11-22-2016, 06:27 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great pictures, welcome to the forum.
11-24-2016, 06:15 AM   #12
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello, and a belated welcome to the forums. Great to have you with us