Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2016, 03:01 AM   #1

Hi from the Gold Coast, Australia

Hi everyone,
Long time reader of the forums and the recent purchaser of an SV, meter and flash for $79! The camera was exceptionally straight with a few cosmetic marks but hadn't been used for a few years. I sent it off to Eric Hendrickson and it's come back working like a Swiss watch. The man is everything everyone says. Truly a master craftsman.

I have just purchased a 135mm f3.5 in pristine condition and am looking to add a wide angle Super Tak to go with the 55mm f1.8 that came with the camera. I'll post some images a bit later.

I'm in the process of going back to film as I'm heartily sick of sifting through tons of images and post processing. Digital seems so…digital! It isn't art in my mind and that's where I'd like to create. But that's just me.

I'm off to look through the market place now but any one in OZ who might have good gear for sale I'd be delighted to hear from them.

Cheers,

Linz

11-26-2016, 03:38 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, interesting introduction, see you around the place in here.
11-26-2016, 05:02 AM   #3
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Linz53 Quote
Hi from the Gold Coast, Australia
Hi Linz from Melbourne. Welcome to the Pentax forums mate. Many members here still use film, so you are in good company.
Glad to have you aboard.
11-26-2016, 06:49 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome aboard!

Since 2012 I have acquired a K5, K5-IIS, K3 and finally a K1. I felt the same way about digital until I got my K1. It is the first DLSR I have used that I like as much as my Spotmatic II. Nothing wrong with my earlier DSLRs but the K1 and the images from it give me some of the same feeling as film.

I feel sorry for those people who have never watched one of their images come to life in a darkroom. There is an awe and a wonder about it that digital cannot emulate. More basic and less sterile.

11-26-2016, 10:43 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums.
11-26-2016, 01:11 PM   #6
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello and welcome to the forums - glad you could join us

Congratulations on your newly-serviced SV. I think digital photography is just as valid an art form, but certain elements can make it quite different, and I can absolutely understand your desire to move back to film. Good luck with it