Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
12-04-2016, 12:30 AM - 1 Like   #1

Greetings from Greece!

Hello to all the Pentax forum community!

My name is Panagiotis and friends preferably call me with the short name Panos.
I joined the Pentax forum mostly for the extended of your member knowledge seen and read in the lenses categories. I'm a fan of Russian lenses an in your forum there is a great database that can help people an knowledge on this lens category.

I used be an owner of more than 15 Russian lenses in the past which me and my father gave away some time for pennies.... Now I'm an owner of an Helios 81n (50mm f/2) Nikon mount and a jupiter 21m (200mm f/4) M42 mount, which I'm using on a Nikon D7200.

I wish you a nice day!

12-04-2016, 12:35 AM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by panos_adgr Quote
Greetings from Greece!
Hi Panos from Australia. Welcome to the Pentax forums. I am glad to hear that you find the forums helpful, and I hope to see some photographs with those lenses of yours. Good to have you here with us.
12-04-2016, 12:41 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard and welcome to us helping you to spend your money on more lenses.
12-04-2016, 12:51 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thank you!

Yes indeed, your forums are globally known as an archive for Russian lenses and not only! You have done excellent work!
Well I'm trying to spent money but my wife isn't cooperative... Welll, I'm kidding!

Yesterday I bought a Jupiter 21m from France and I'm anxious to receive the parcel.

I forgot to note that I'm from Greece - Athens.

12-04-2016, 01:10 AM - 1 Like   #5
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello Panos, and welcome to the forums - glad you could join us!

Congratulations on the Jupiter 21M. A word or two of advice: my own 21M has a rather long aperture pin that fouled the two SDM contacts just inside the camera's lens mount when screwing the lens into position - the result being that it deeply scratched those contacts on my old K-5 and bent the aperture pin on the lens. I don't know if Nikon has anything like those contacts, but either way I recommend fitting the M42 adapter to the lens first, then mounting that to the camera. Also, some M42 adapters aren't very precisely machined, and can produce tiny bits of debris when a lens is screwed into position - so again I prefer to fit the lens to the adapter first, then use a blower to ensure the rear of the lens and mount is debris-free, before mounting.

Let us know how you get on

Last edited by BigMackCam; 12-04-2016 at 01:32 AM.
12-04-2016, 01:43 AM - 1 Like   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Hello Panos, and welcome to the forums - glad you could join us!

Congratulations on the Jupiter 21M. A word or two of advice: my own 21M has a rather long aperture pin that fouled the two SDM contacts just inside the camera's lens mount when screwing the lens into position - the result being that it deeply scratched those contacts on my old K-5 and bent the aperture pin on the lens. I don't know if Nikon has anything like those contacts, but either way I recommend fitting the M42 adapter to the lens first, then mounting that to the camera. Also, some M42 adapters aren't very precisely machined, and can produce tiny bits of debris when a lens is screwed into position - so again I prefer to fit the lens to the adapter first, then use a blower to ensure the rear of the lens and mount is debris-free, before mounting.

Let us know how you get on
Thank you mike for tips. I have already in my mind. The first thing i want to do is isolate the pin of the lens in order to keep or check at least if it is dangerous for the interior of the camera.
12-04-2016, 05:07 AM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
καλή μέρα from a greek america.
I am a long time pentax user, used to shoot film when I was growing up in astoria and had it developed by a Panos who ran Olympic Camera.

12-04-2016, 05:56 AM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by spartan Quote
καλή μέρα from a greek america.
I am a long time pentax user, used to shoot film when I was growing up in astoria and had it developed by a Panos who ran Olympic Camera.
Καλημέρα!!!

Very nice! I haven't ever used a Pentax camera but I would like to have a chance sometime. How is life in Astoria? It will surely be better from here, where Iam....

Thank you all for the warm welcome!
12-04-2016, 07:48 AM   #9

Original Poster
Would it be ok if I post some pictures of my soviet lenses in the forums of soviet lenses reviews? I'm asking because here is a Pentax forum and I'm a nikon owner. Please be gentle.
12-04-2016, 09:27 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums.
12-04-2016, 09:44 AM   #11
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by panos_adgr Quote
Would it be ok if I post some pictures of my soviet lenses in the forums of soviet lenses reviews? I'm asking because here is a Pentax forum and I'm a nikon owner. Please be gentle.
Panos, that's fine. Many of us use additional or other camera brands. The Pentax-specific threads - for K-1 and K-3 photos, for instance - should be kept for the relevant cameras only, but you're welcome to post photos in non-model-specific areas. Just mention what camera and lens you've used
12-06-2016, 01:52 PM   #12

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
Welcome to the forums.
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Panos, that's fine. Many of us use additional or other camera brands. The Pentax-specific threads - for K-1 and K-3 photos, for instance - should be kept for the relevant cameras only, but you're welcome to post photos in non-model-specific areas. Just mention what camera and lens you've used
Thanks again for the welcome!

It's ok then!