Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2016, 03:03 PM - 2 Likes   #1

Hi from Germany

Hi everyone,

I'm a (now very happy) Pentax user from a small village in northern Germany, halfway between Hamburg and Cuxhaven.
My K-30 developed the dreaded aperture control problem, but I just fixed it today, hooray!
It was easy and cost me nothing more than 10 minutes and a few hundred shots, if anyone else out there is stuck with it:

Set the camera to rapid shot sequence and just keep pressing that shutter release in manual mode.
keep changing the aperture setting every now and then, and you should notice it getting unstuck.
(to make things more efficient, set the shutter to 1/100 or so, the idea is just to get loads of movement in the mechanism to overcome the magnetically charged lever in the aperture control mechanism). It sure beat shelling out €200 for a repair or buying a new body, and, in my case, seems to work perfectly!

12-07-2016, 03:12 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome, thanks for the heads up DIY approach, lets hope it helps many other here.
12-07-2016, 06:07 PM   #3
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi JMG73 from Australia. Welcome to the Pentax forums. Nice fix with the K-30. Hope it is permanent. Good to have you here.
12-07-2016, 06:22 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums.

12-07-2016, 08:42 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum. Your solution to the problem is interesting. Will you let us know if it says fixed?
Coincidentally, my ancestors come from your part of the world - 243 years ago.
12-08-2016, 01:54 AM   #6
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello and welcome to the forums - glad you could join us!

Well done on your K-30 fix (and for sharing the details), and please do let us know whether it's permanent - or if not, how long it lasts. As you rightly say, it's a lot better than paying for a repair if it works