Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-13-2016, 08:39 PM   #1

Hope to join Club Pentax shortly!

Hey everybody, after being a Canon Rebel user since the good old film days, I am looking to shake things up a bit. I mostly shoot landscapes and am really liking the looks of the K-70. Of course the K-1 would be the dream, but unfortunately my current bank balance is not in line with my dreams. I really appreciate how much wonderful information there is to be found on this forum! Hopefully I will be shooting with a Pentax and posting regularly on here soon!

David

12-13-2016, 08:51 PM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi David from Australia. Welcome to the Pentax forums. The K-70 does look good, and the owners of it here will vouch for it. Good to have you aboard.
12-13-2016, 09:31 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would agree that the K-70 looks to be a real value and quite a capable machine.
12-13-2016, 11:20 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, good to have you on board.

12-14-2016, 03:05 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Welcome David! I hope you get the K-70 that you will enjoy for sure and post some of your photos in here too!
12-14-2016, 03:07 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forums! Don't fret, it's almost tax time so you should start running into camera sales soon. What features are most important to you in a camera body? Current models are the K-70, K-s2, and the K-3II for APS-C, and of course the K-1 for FF. Also, if your budget is pretty tight look into a used camera body via the marketplace here. Lots of people are selling off their APS-C bodies to fund their K-1 purchase so plenty of options abound. If you let the members know what is most important to you (example: onboard flash, gps, etc...), I'm sure they'll help you figure out which body will give you the most camera for your budget.

EDIT: perfect example of what I just mentioned here, found it after posting

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/24-photographic-equipment-sale/335612-sal...ctuations.html

Last edited by Auzzie-Phoenix; 12-14-2016 at 03:13 AM.
12-14-2016, 12:59 PM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome and hopefully welcome in from the Dark Side of the Force.

12-14-2016, 01:01 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Welcome.... that K-70 is source of fascination for many....
12-14-2016, 01:06 PM   #9
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello, David, and welcome aboard - glad you could join us

The K-1 is, of course, a dream camera for many, but Pentax's APS-C models are extremely good. I'm sure you'd be very satisfied with the K-70 - the results we've seen so far have been impressive!

Looking forward to your involvement, and easing you into the world of Pentax
12-14-2016, 10:14 PM   #10

Original Poster
Hey Everybody, thanks so much for the kind words! I actually joined the Pentax gang a little sooner than expected, I just bought a K-5 off a member here on the forum. I'm super excited! Can't wait to get to know the camera and start participating on the forum! Still would like a K-70 in the future.
12-14-2016, 10:32 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DMax82 Quote
Hey Everybody, thanks so much for the kind words! I actually joined the Pentax gang a little sooner than expected, I just bought a K-5 off a member here on the forum. I'm super excited! Can't wait to get to know the camera and start participating on the forum! Still would like a K-70 in the future.
Nothing wrong with a K-5! Enjoy your new camera!
12-15-2016, 12:14 AM   #12
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DMax82 Quote
I actually joined the Pentax gang a little sooner than expected, I just bought a K-5 off a member here on the forum. I'm super excited! Can't wait to get to know the camera and start participating on the forum! Still would like a K-70 in the future.
Congratulations! The K-5 is an *excellent* camera. When it was released, it was the "flagship" model, so the build quality is exceptionally good - better, in fact, than the K-70 (although that's a fine camera too).

Welcome to the gang
12-15-2016, 01:00 AM   #13
Pentaxian

I think the K-5 is the best camera in its category in comparison with the competition offerings at that time. When I bought my K-5 I was shooting with Nikon D7000 (they use the same sensor) and also had 4 Nikon lenses and the Bigma 50-500 for Nikon mount. After comparing the 2 cameras I ended up selling my Nikon gear and became a Pentaxian! The only thing I miss from Nikon is the advanced flash system (I was using the R1C1).
I still have my K-5 and also bought the K-5IIs after a year which is also great

You will have a great time shooting with the K-5 and its IQ is awesome!