Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-19-2016, 03:45 AM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Albums
Hello from Sydney Australia

Hi and it is great to be a part of this great forum.

I was a Canon 5d mk3 user and have just migrated over to a Pentax K1 as my main body. I have kept the Canon for sport photography.

I have a 28-105mm f3.5 - 5.6, a 15-30mm f2.8 and a 24-70mm f2.8 and I am really liking both of the f2.8 lenses.

My passion is landscape photography and I took the K1 and 15-30mm up to the Blue Mountains last Saturday for a few waterfall shots after the recent rain and the result is below.

Still lots to learn about the K1 and forgetting the muscle memory from the Canon will take some time.

2 questions regarding the K1:-

1:- When bracketing exposures and using the timer is there a way to change to 2 seconds instead of 12?
2:- When using live view and displaying the electronic level on the screen is there a way to remove it without having to press the info button twice and deselecting it?

Thanks,

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
12-19-2016, 03:59 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi there welcome.

I cannot answer your questions, but, it looks like your image was taken from the Valley of the Waters walk. Is that right? I was there too on Saturday last

Nice shot
12-19-2016, 04:19 AM   #3
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Landscape_k1 Quote
Hello from Sydney Australia
Hi from Melbourne mate. Welcome to the Pentax forums. If you don't get the answers to your K-1 questions here, it might pay to ask again in the K-1 specific thread. Good to have you aboard. PS. Very good 1st photograph from you.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/190-pentax-k-1/
12-19-2016, 04:46 AM   #4
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

G'day and welcome to the forums.

That's a lovely image to introduce yourself with, and regardless of the brand it's all about the image. You've got some good lenses to work with, so hopefully getting into the swing of things with the K-1 will be relatively painless. There's plenty of people around here shooting dual systems too, so there should be plenty of threads that your experiences will be helpful with as well as shared points of view.

To try and answer your questions:
1:- When bracketing exposures and using the timer is there a way to change to 2 seconds instead of 12? Refer to page 59 of the instructions, select the bracketing self timer mode then press info to gain access to the 12s or 2s timer.
2:- When using live view and displaying the electronic level on the screen is there a way to remove it without having to press the info button twice and deselecting it? Not sure why you'd bother doing this, the electronic level is displayed when using both the viewfinder and live view, so using the larger electronic level on the back screen is not normally needed. Both can be turned on and off via the menus, go to camera icon, page 5 for 'Viewfinder Overlay' and 'Live View'. Select these and you will see the options for turning the electronic level on/off. Other than that, the only way I've swapped screens is the multi-press of the info button. If there's a quicker way then we'll both find out at the same time if there is one.

Hooroo mate,

Tas

12-19-2016, 01:04 PM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, questions already answered that quick...
12-19-2016, 02:18 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice shot! Welcome to the forum.
12-19-2016, 07:23 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Nice shot. Looks like you are utilizing your setup nicely. Welcome to the forums.

12-19-2016, 09:38 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wild Mark Quote
Hi there welcome.

I cannot answer your questions, but, it looks like your image was taken from the Valley of the Waters walk. Is that right? I was there too on Saturday last

Nice shot
Thanks.

It is a shot of Junction Falls from the South Lawson waterfall circuit.

Thanks for the compliment. A bit more water would be nice but it was a fun day out with the new toy!
12-19-2016, 09:40 PM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Thanks Mark. It is great to be part of the forum.
12-19-2016, 09:56 PM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
G'day and welcome to the forums.

That's a lovely image to introduce yourself with, and regardless of the brand it's all about the image. You've got some good lenses to work with, so hopefully getting into the swing of things with the K-1 will be relatively painless. There's plenty of people around here shooting dual systems too, so there should be plenty of threads that your experiences will be helpful with as well as shared points of view.

To try and answer your questions:
1:- When bracketing exposures and using the timer is there a way to change to 2 seconds instead of 12? Refer to page 59 of the instructions, select the bracketing self timer mode then press info to gain access to the 12s or 2s timer.
2:- When using live view and displaying the electronic level on the screen is there a way to remove it without having to press the info button twice and deselecting it? Not sure why you'd bother doing this, the electronic level is displayed when using both the viewfinder and live view, so using the larger electronic level on the back screen is not normally needed. Both can be turned on and off via the menus, go to camera icon, page 5 for 'Viewfinder Overlay' and 'Live View'. Select these and you will see the options for turning the electronic level on/off. Other than that, the only way I've swapped screens is the multi-press of the info button. If there's a quicker way then we'll both find out at the same time if there is one.

Hooroo mate,

Tas
Thanks for the detailed and quick response and the welcome to the forum. I will check out tonight when the K1 is in my hands.

I found the transition relatively easy which is a positive on the side of Pentax as I found most things easily understood in the menus. 4 years with one body from a different manufacturer is difficult to erase from the mind and then there is the lenses that are zoomed in the opposite direction!!
12-19-2016, 09:58 PM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Hi from Melbourne mate. Welcome to the Pentax forums. If you don't get the answers to your K-1 questions here, it might pay to ask again in the K-1 specific thread. Good to have you aboard. PS. Very good 1st photograph from you.

Pentax K-1 - PentaxForums.com
Thanks for the welcome.
12-19-2016, 09:59 PM   #12

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
Nice shot. Looks like you are utilizing your setup nicely. Welcome to the forums.
Thanks for the welcome.
12-20-2016, 06:19 AM   #13
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello and welcome to the forums - glad you could join us. That's a beautiful shot!

Looking forward to your involvement here
12-20-2016, 12:53 PM   #14

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Thanks Mark

---------- Post added 21-12-16 at 06:53 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Hello and welcome to the forums - glad you could join us. That's a beautiful shot!

Looking forward to your involvement here
Thanks

---------- Post added 21-12-16 at 06:55 ----------

Thanks
« K3 | Hi all »