Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-23-2016, 12:31 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hello from Silverstone

After surfing through these forums for far too long, I've finally decided to do the decent thing and register!

I'm a long-term Pentaxian, starting out with an MX and a 50/4 macro in 1983, or thereabouts. I kept the faith on film for 30 years, before a foray into the digital world with a K-01. The K-01 may have been quirky, but all my old K-mount lenses fitted it. I worship at the altar of backwards compatibility...

I am extremely fortunate to live near the fantastic Skears workshop in Northampton (the UK one). I'm often tempted by a bargain K or A-series lens, and can get it returned to full working order by Skears in a few days. Expect a few posts on legacy lenses from me, folks.

Recently, I have acquired a K-S2 and have started to assemble a WR collection to go with it. The modestly-priced lens obsession that I had has morphed into something much more expensive.

To open my account, here are a couple of shots taken in the garden. The (rather rare) leucistic sparrow is a centre crop from the HD version of the 55-300 screw-drive at 300mm. The robin is also a long-end crop, but this time it's the new PLM version of the 55-300mm.

Yes, I know, backwards compatibility and the KAF4 is a monster thread...

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 

Last edited by Shedking; 01-24-2017 at 08:57 AM. Reason: typo
12-23-2016, 01:21 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, I kinda expected other images from Silverstone rather than a Robin.
12-23-2016, 01:51 PM   #3
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Shedking Quote
Hello from Silverstone
Hi from Australia Shedking. Welcome to the Pentax forums. Excellent 1st photographs, and looking forward to your " legacy " pix.
Good to have you aboard. Seasons greetings to you and yours.

Last edited by Unregistered User 8; 12-23-2016 at 02:07 PM.
12-23-2016, 04:19 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, I kinda expected other images from Silverstone rather than a Robin.
Oh, I think I have a few of those around here somewhere...

12-23-2016, 06:11 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums. Nice shots.
12-25-2016, 11:28 AM   #6
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello and welcome to the forums from another Brit - glad you could join us.

The last time I was in Silverstone was probably a decade ago, for the British Grand Prix. I'd never been before or since, and it wasn't until that visit that I learned the true meaning of "traffic jam"

Looking forward to your involvement here, especially in relation to older glass
12-27-2016, 11:32 AM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Hello and welcome to the forums from another Brit - glad you could join us.

The last time I was in Silverstone was probably a decade ago, for the British Grand Prix. I'd never been before or since, and it wasn't until that visit that I learned the true meaning of "traffic jam"

Looking forward to your involvement here, especially in relation to older glass
Thanks for the welcome BigMackCam,

I've penned my first review to the A28/2.8 section and I'd be interested to learn what you think of it.

In life, I much prefer to offer solutions than problems, so I'll be trying to take that philosophy into my contributions. Older glass can deliver, if you are prepared to work with it.

04-23-2017, 10:24 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Your wish is my command. This is "Lens 11", so-called because it cost me £11 from eBay. It's maker called it SMC Pentax-A 1:4 70-210mm:
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 
04-25-2017, 06:08 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome from Chicago!

Is that a Morgan racing club?!? That sounds awesome.
04-25-2017, 06:23 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
Welcome from Chicago!

Is that a Morgan racing club?!? That sounds awesome.
It's the Silverstone round of the Morgan Challenge Race Series. The Morgan Challenge Race Series

The event takes place under the Formula Vintage banner: VSCC Formula Vintage ? Silverstone