Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2016, 02:59 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello from Wrexham....

Hi all,

Just joined this site and having an enjoyable time looking through the various threads and what not.

Been a Pentax user since the early eighties starting with a K1000 followed by an ME Super. Both bought new at the time, I remember saving for what seemed like ages for the ME Super. Eventually moved onto a K20D which I had for the past 6 years. Superb camera. Over the last year though I found I was photographing less and less - just didn't have the enthusiasm for some reason.

I've long thought about going back to film so in the last month I sold the K20D and the various lens and with the proceeds I've got myself a peach of an MX with a good selection of Pentax SMC M prime lenses. I had enough left to convert my shed into a darkroom with a Meopta Opemus 3 enlarger and the rest of the darkroom bits and peices you need.

I shoot black and white so I will also be developing film again - just like the old days!

After a brief spell of 'Oh my god what have I done!' that last lasted about 60 seconds I'm champing at the bit to get out now - just the crap weather and man flu holding me back......

all the best
Steve

12-23-2016, 03:03 PM   #2
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by SWelch Quote
Hello from Wrexham....
Hi from Australia Steve. Welcome to the Pentax forums. There are many members here still " filming " it, so you are in good company. Any help you may need is only a question away. Good to have you here.
Seasons greetings to you and yours.
12-23-2016, 05:22 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums.
12-24-2016, 02:17 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and back to film, Meopta the one with the sloping column, now there's a name I've not heard for a while.

12-25-2016, 11:31 AM   #5
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello, Steve, and welcome aboard - glad you could join us.

It's a bold move to go back to film, but I suspect you'll love it. I started photography with digital, but have an increasing desire to shoot film. I have the equipment - at least for taking photos, though not for developing them, and I think that last part is important for maximum satisfaction, and for keeping the costs under control. Given that, it sounds like you're all set!

Looking forward to following your exploits and perhaps learning something along the way!