Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-24-2016, 11:30 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from Sunny Southern California

Hi Everyone,
I recently joined this forum as I was searching for info on medium format cameras. I settled on the Pentax 67ii and have purchased one online from a shop in Japan. It should get to me around the first week of the new year. This will be a big (no pun intended) adventure for me, my first foray into medium format photography. My first serious camera was an Olympus OM-1 that I purchased in 1976. For the last several years I have been shooting digital, but recently started shooting some 35mm film. I so enjoy the results of the black and white film that I decided to explore medium format. I am very excited to get this camera in hand and run some film through it. Once I get some results I will be posting here on the forum.

12-24-2016, 01:57 PM   #2
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
G'day from Australia, merry Christmas and may I wish you a warm welcome to the forums.

I hope we get to see some scans from the 67ii, folks around here are quite partial to members sharing their images.

Tas
12-24-2016, 01:58 PM   #3
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Old_guy Quote
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from Sunny Southern California
Hi from Australia Old_guy. Welcome to the Pentax forums, and Pentax equipment. Looking forward to seeing your photographs.
Good to have you aboard.
Seasons greetings to you and yours.
12-24-2016, 02:23 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Old_guy Quote
Sunny Southern California
Welcome to the forum, we here in Scotland can only dream of such things at this time of year... in fact at any time of year.

12-24-2016, 08:07 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums.
12-24-2016, 08:11 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forum, and Merry Christmas!
12-25-2016, 11:35 AM   #7
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello, welcome to the forums, and a Merry Christmas to you too - from not-so-sunny England

Great to hear your pursuing a new adventure with medium format. How very exciting... Looking forward to following your exploits

12-31-2016, 04:17 PM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter

Original Poster
After what seemed like a very long wait, what with shipping from Japan and several days to process through US Customs, my new to me Pentax 67ii arrived today. I will not be able to get out and run some film through it for a few days as we are getting some much needed rain. I am pleased with my purchase. The camera and lens look perfect and the wood grip looks good, just shows a little wear.

After getting it in my hands and seeing it next to my 35mm camera, I can see why some folks refer to this camera as "the beast".

Needless to say, I am excited!
Attached Images