Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-01-2017, 03:06 PM   #1

Greetings (and best wishes!) from Holland

Hello everyone,

My name is Nathan and I've secretly been browsing this forum for the past few years already.

Although I regret not immediately starting out as a Pentax user, I am having lots of fun shooting vintage lenses on my Lumix G5 (MFT), combining mostly with Canon FD-mount lenses. I could not have wished for a more fruitful way of starting out with photography, than all manual aperture and focus. Love it!

My great hobby is clicking away at indoor (classical) concerts and opera's, so sharp and fast are my great desires, especially with the manual focus lenses I chose for. The MFT-sensor size accounts for double focal lengths (35mm equivalent), so that comes in handy when shooting my delicious 70-210mm Vivitar Series 1 f/3.5, which effectively becomes a quite fast 400mm. Throw in a speed booster, using ETC mode and you can't beat it against today's standards in terms of focal length, price and image character!

In my search for the fastest and the sharpest, I try to also get the best prices. These forums have proven to be an invaluable source of information, as many quality third-party lenses appeared for Pentax as well as FD mounts. So THANK YOU all for all your contributions!

When my skills get a bit better, I might post some pictures too for you all to enjoy.

Kind regards, Nathan

01-01-2017, 04:36 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums.
01-01-2017, 04:41 PM   #3
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Naxxer Quote
Greetings (and best wishes!) from Holland
Hi from Australia Nathan. Welcome ( at last !! ) to the Pentax forums. Very good to hear that you have found the information useful, and your enthusiasm for vintage glass puts you in good company here too. Good to have you aboard.
01-01-2017, 05:06 PM - 1 Like   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Hi from Australia Nathan. Welcome ( at last !! ) to the Pentax forums. Very good to hear that you have found the information useful, and your enthusiasm for vintage glass puts you in good company here too. Good to have you aboard.
Thank you for the warm welcome, Peter!

01-02-2017, 01:50 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, it's always good when "lurkers" come out into the light, a least we know your there now.
01-02-2017, 09:11 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, it's always good when "lurkers" come out into the light, a least we know your there now.
At a certain point, lurking is not enough anymore. Must. Find. 8-element. 50mm. Takumar...
01-02-2017, 10:15 AM   #7
smf
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome and best wishes.
01-03-2017, 02:12 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello and welcome to the forums (at last!) - glad you could join us.

As I'm sure you know from reading other posts here over the years, there are plenty of us shooting other systems - not just Pentax - so you're in good company!

Looking forward to your involvement here

01-03-2017, 03:42 AM   #9
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Must. Find. 8-element. 50mm. Takumar...
Good luck with that quest.
01-13-2017, 08:24 AM   #10

Original Poster
SO, I found one, and shot this album with it today (admittedly, all edited and cropped). Takumar 50mm by Naxxer90 | Photobucket Need I say more? MY GOD, I love this lens!
01-13-2017, 01:26 PM   #11
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

SO, I found one
Good for you, enjoy it now you have it.