Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2017, 07:37 AM   #1
Forum Member

Hello from Canary Islands

Hello and Happy New Year!

Thanks to all the informations available on this forum, I found my way back into photography and back to Pentax.
I quit photography around twenty years ago when I lost access to a lab to process my b/w film and prints by myself. While I did not shoot any photos apart from the occasional "been there, done that shot" with a cheap digital compact camera, I could not part with my film bodies and lenses.
Half a year ago, I felt like giving photography a try again. The fact, that I could use my old lenses and extensive reading in this forum made my choice an easy one. From reading here I gathered that Pentax did still follow the idea of user friendly camrea design (like the Z1 of my film days) and that I need not worry about IQ at all, while I was prepared to not ask too much in areas like af speed or tethering.
A K3II finally found its way into my hands. Well, I already love this camera to bits. From the first touch, my fingers felt right at home as if I had never stopped shooting with the Z1.
I´m still struggeling with the transition to digital but I´m sure I´ll get the hang of it eventually.

Again, thank you for all the insights and information you share in this forum!

With sunny regards from the Islas Canarias,
Fabros
(As English is not my frst language, please ignore incorrect expressions or spelling. Or, better even, feel free to correct, so I might improve not just my knowlegde in photography here ;-) First language would be German and my Spanish is still lot worse than my English

01-02-2017, 07:44 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy everything that you find here.
01-02-2017, 08:07 AM   #3
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Fabros Quote
Hello from Canary Islands
Hi from Australia Fabros. Welcome to the Pentax forums, and back to Pentax equipment. The K-3II is a very good camera, and I am hoping to see some of your photographs of the Canary Islands soon. Good to have you here. Your English is fine.
01-02-2017, 10:16 AM   #4
smf
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome and best wishes.

01-03-2017, 02:19 AM   #5
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello and welcome to the forums - glad you could join us, and thanks for the nice introduction.

Your English is excellent. We have members from all over the world here, and language is rarely a problem.

As for the K-3II, I don't think you could have chosen a better camera. If you need any help, just ask and we'll do our best.

Looking forward to your involvement here