Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-03-2017, 02:11 PM   #1

Hi to all from Wales.

Hi all. I've always been interested in photography as a hobby. A couple of photographs have just resurfaced from my mums stash of memorabilia which I took around 50 years ago! One of which won 1st prize in a school photography competition for which I won a ball! There, that's my claim to photography greatness !!

I wanted to take photography up a bit more seriously many many years after but it ended in disappointment! I had enrolled to do a photography course and had settled down in my first session when a guy comes into the classroom and has words with the lecturer. Then the lecturer states that the course has been over subscribed by ONE and one person would have to drop out of the course. That person would be the last one to have enrolled! And yes, I fell like a leaf from a tree !! Rather than wait another 12 months I enrolled on a motor vehicle craft studies course.

Now, many years after that, and thousands of photos later, I have decided to get a little more involved in what's happening in the photography world. My cameras - ricoh compact, sony nex3 compact system, and a Pentax K10. Pentax lenses - old manual 75-150, old primes 50 1.8 and 28 2.8 and of course the kit 18-55.

I just can't live without a view finder so my sony system is taking a back seat now and I am buying a K3ii which looks to be a fine camera and of course I can use my lenses with it. As I am buying just the body I am researching lenses and will be asking question of you guys in the forums.

There, that's my intro and here's looking forward to a renewed interest in taking photos.

01-03-2017, 02:44 PM   #2
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Harri Quote
Hi to all from Wales.
Hi from Australia Harri. Welcome to the Pentax forums. I think your choice of the K-3II for your return to photography will be a good one. Any help you may need learning to drive it will be happily given by the membership here. Good to have you aboard.
01-03-2017, 03:33 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Iechyd dda, Harri!

The K-3II is a fine camera, don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
01-03-2017, 04:11 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums. I have the K-3II. It performs very well. I also have the Pentax 16-85 lens, which I would recommend if you are interested in that type range.

01-03-2017, 11:32 PM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy all it has to offer.
01-06-2017, 11:40 AM   #6
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello, Harri, and welcome aboard - glad you could join us!

Good to hear that bad experience with the course didn't put you off altogether. We're never over-subscribed, so you're safe here

The K-3II is a fine choice - I know you'll love it. As for lenses, you won't be short of advice or opinions on these forums... just ask, and we'll do our best to help.

Looking forward to your involvement!