Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2008, 01:27 PM   #1

Hello From Vista California

It is great to find a site dedicated to Pentax! At the risk of heresy, I just bought a Samsung GX10 due to the K10D heritage and a $600 price point. I just cannot believe the build quality when compared to my son's Sony Alpha 350. On a personal note, before joining the audio visual community for the last 25 years I am back to my love of photography where I spent 9 glorious years managing a region for Fox Photo in the Midwest before automatic cameras became the vogue. Now you know why I bought the K10D (Samsung). I have the kit lens plus a new Tamron 18-200 zoom and I am really looking forward to getting back into the hobby and learning from all of you. Thanks for being there for all of us Pentax lovers!
Regards,
Alan

08-03-2008, 04:04 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by alanbrawn Quote
It is great to find a site dedicated to Pentax! At the risk of heresy, I just bought a Samsung GX10 due to the K10D heritage and a $600 price point. I just cannot believe the build quality when compared to my son's Sony Alpha 350. On a personal note, before joining the audio visual community for the last 25 years I am back to my love of photography where I spent 9 glorious years managing a region for Fox Photo in the Midwest before automatic cameras became the vogue. Now you know why I bought the K10D (Samsung). I have the kit lens plus a new Tamron 18-200 zoom and I am really looking forward to getting back into the hobby and learning from all of you. Thanks for being there for all of us Pentax lovers!
Regards,
Alan
hey there... welcome

now, I'm interested in what you wrote about a350, becouse at one point I thought of changing brands, in favour of a350... I gave up mainly becouse of pentax lens lineup, later I heard something about very small and dim viewfinder in a350, so is there any true, compared to k10d?
thanx
08-03-2008, 04:46 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome, I was visiting a relative in Vista about 4 years ago. A great place and look forward to seeing your work!
08-03-2008, 10:16 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Welcome Alan

It is good to see another Californian here. You are not too far from San Diego where I live. There is a San Diego DSLR group that has some good folks that are fun to shoot with. If you are interested shoot me a private message and I'll send you the link to the website for you to learn more. In any case, welcome to the Pentax Forums. You'll find helpful and very friendly folks here too.
btw, you could also join the San Diego group here:
PentaxForums.com - Social Groups
No obligation, but it'd be nice for my name not to be the ONLY one in the social group.