Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2017, 05:11 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Cheers from the Midwest USA!

I used to dabble in photography about 30 years ago, back in the manual focus film days. I put the camera down as my children grew older. The last 35mm slr film camera I bought was the Pentax Zx-5n. As it turned out, that camera is still like new, having never been used much as other things crowded out photography in the competition for my spare time.

About 6 months ago, my interest was rekindled and I picked up the K-S2 with a couple DA L WR kit zoom lenses to combine with my legacy, mostly mf lenses. Shortly thereafter I discovered this forum. Since then I have been learning more about the camera, getting some mostly fall photographs in, trying out many old legacy lenses (after removing some Ricoh pins!) and also picking up a number of new lenses from various sources. This forums lens review section has been a tremendous resource in understanding the value of and interest in old legacy lenses as well as a great guide for recent purchases. I intend to pay that back in some way as I gain more experience.

My interest resides primarily in nature and close up/macro photography. I hope to share some of my favorites and learn as much as I can from those more experienced members willing to share their expertise.

Thanks in advance to all who will or have already contributed to my knowledge and enjoyment of a wonderful, creative hobby!

01-07-2017, 06:18 PM   #2
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to Pentax Forums.
01-07-2017, 07:29 PM   #3
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dlneubec Quote
Cheers from the Midwest USA!
Hi from Australia. Welcome to the Pentax forums. Nature and macro are particular favorites of mine too, so I look forward to seeing your images.
Good to have you aboard.
01-07-2017, 08:31 PM   #4
smf
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome and best wishes from another K-S2 nature and macro photographer with Midwestern roots.
I look forward to seeing any images you post.

01-07-2017, 08:43 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dlneubec, where at in the Midwest? I left Kansas a couple months ago and love hearing/seeing/supporting artistic stuff from that part of the world. Would like to see some shots you've taken as well. Welcome to the forum!
01-07-2017, 11:34 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Welcome from Iowa!
01-08-2017, 02:03 AM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, many here still using the legacy glass, myself included, enjoy it all here.
01-08-2017, 03:00 AM   #8
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello and welcome aboard - glad you could join us, and thanks for the nice intro... It's always good to know a little about our new members.

Looking forward to your involvement here

01-08-2017, 05:33 AM - 3 Likes   #9

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome! I'm located in Bloomington, Indiana. Here are a coupe of my favorite shots from some hiking this fall:

Shawnee Bluffs, Lake Monroe:

Riddle Point, Lake Lemon:

A couple from the backyard:

That last one was with the Sears 135 macro. Trying to capture some of the glow in the stems that it has at low apertures in the macro setting, along with bit of sharpness in the berries.