Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
01-12-2017, 02:50 PM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

There is samys in sf that has a huge selection, also camera west over in walnut creek, and mikes cameras also in the east bay has a nice assortment of lowepro, think tank, and a couple other brands if you are able to check them out

01-13-2017, 02:26 PM   #17

I would go with Naneu Alpha model If you like a small backpack and one that doesn't look like camera bag Military Ops Alpha DSLR Photo Backpack - Naneu Camera Bags
They have good quality bags. I use their shoulder bag Sahara 113f. As a female photographer also on the small size its perfect for me
01-13-2017, 03:13 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sally Quote
I would go with Naneu Alpha model If you like a small backpack and one that doesn't look like camera bag Military Ops Alpha DSLR Photo Backpack - Naneu Camera Bags
They have good quality bags. I use their shoulder bag Sahara 113f. As a female photographer also on the small size its perfect for me
That is an interesting bag. It might just hold the 60-250 (remove the divider) and the DA 20-40 (where the flash is pictured) but it will be very tight.

The Amazon Basic bag I posted is smaller overall but has more dedicated camera space (and looks like a camera backpack sadly and offers almost no non-camera space). I like the bag you linked a lot but I'm afraid it may be a really tight fight.

The external dimensions are: 17 x 12.6 x 9.4 vs. 15.6 x 11.4 x 7.2
The internal camera area dimensions are: 10.5 x. 6.25 x 5.5 vs. 14.75 x 10 x 5

Using those dimensional differences and looking at pictures I posted early I was a bit concerned so I simply laid out the two lenses and a body and a ruler to help the OP decide because honestly that backpack may be perfect given the non-camera storage and the protected access but it looks to me to be too tight.

Length seems just barely OK (I have a OME-53 viewfinder magnifier on that body so it is slightly longer than normal to clear the eyepiece). The width looks like a problem. I'm not clear if the camera pod is 5.5 inches deep facing down from the top of the camera as pictured or across the compartment but even 6.25 may not be enough. Additionally there is the tripod foot on the DA* 60-250 I have it pointing down in the photo which may or may not work well but sometimes I prefer it pointed to the left or right (and yes it can be removed).
01-15-2017, 01:36 PM   #19

Original Poster
Thanks for the Samy's recommendation. I think I might actually be able to go there today and hopefully check some bags out.

Naneu is a brand I'ver never heard of but their stuff looks interesting....I'll have to look into them some more. Thanks for all the help!

01-24-2017, 07:59 PM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
That is an interesting bag. It might just hold the 60-250 (remove the divider) and the DA 20-40 (where the flash is pictured) but it will be very tight.

The Amazon Basic bag I posted is smaller overall but has more dedicated camera space (and looks like a camera backpack sadly and offers almost no non-camera space). I like the bag you linked a lot but I'm afraid it may be a really tight fight.

The external dimensions are: 17 x 12.6 x 9.4 vs. 15.6 x 11.4 x 7.2
The internal camera area dimensions are: 10.5 x. 6.25 x 5.5 vs. 14.75 x 10 x 5

Using those dimensional differences and looking at pictures I posted early I was a bit concerned so I simply laid out the two lenses and a body and a ruler to help the OP decide because honestly that backpack may be perfect given the non-camera storage and the protected access but it looks to me to be too tight.

Length seems just barely OK (I have a OME-53 viewfinder magnifier on that body so it is slightly longer than normal to clear the eyepiece). The width looks like a problem. I'm not clear if the camera pod is 5.5 inches deep facing down from the top of the camera as pictured or across the compartment but even 6.25 may not be enough. Additionally there is the tripod foot on the DA* 60-250 I have it pointing down in the photo which may or may not work well but sometimes I prefer it pointed to the left or right (and yes it can be removed).
Base on the given dimensions the camera pod at the 6.25" might be tight, but you can buy the bag try it and if it doesn't work simply return it. They really have good quality bag, and I have just checked their website they have this bag on sale. So it is a great value. If you happened to buy it please share some images with us.
01-24-2017, 08:11 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sally Quote
Base on the given dimensions the camera pod at the 6.25" might be tight, but you can buy the bag try it and if it doesn't work simply return it. They really have good quality bag, and I have just checked their website they have this bag on sale. So it is a great value. If you happened to buy it please share some images with us.
That's not a bad idea if the bag appeals.
01-25-2017, 09:00 AM   #22
Pentaxian

I use a number of bags. When I need to pack a little more stuff I use a Lowepro Mini Trecker. It's low weight and hold quite a lot of gear.

I got a lot of info from this site: Camera Bags Reviews Homepage - Cambags

01-25-2017, 10:36 AM   #23

Welcome to the forum, I've only just recently joined myself. Still haven't visited the US, although I might head to Washington later this year as a friend has recently bought a house there.

I don't have any experience of the Lowepro bags you mention. I'm the same height as you and have the Amazon Basics camera bag [1]. I'm the same height as you and find it works well for me.

1. US link - https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Backpack-DSLR-Cameras-Accessories/dp/B002VPE1WK
UK link - https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-Backpack-SLR-Cameras-Accessories/dp/B002VPE1WK