Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-04-2008, 09:12 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Hello from Germany!

Hello everybody,

i just want to introduce myself to this community. After reading here for some month now getting information about K-mount lenses i feel the need to give something back and decided to register here.

A short story of my photographic way:
It all started in the early 70s, when my father decided, he needs a slr. He bought a Spotmatic F and was totally overstrained to handle it. Since i was always interested in all technical things, i - at the age of 10! - got the job to take photos on every family event. So after some failures i got it right and fell in love with the Spotmatic, which btw. i still own and in fully functional condition!

The years went by and my interests were more in my work (computer science) and girls and the photography fell behind. In 1998 i decided i need a digital camera and bought a Sony Mavica FD7, which was high tech that time and now simply sucks...

I went on with Optio S and SVi and in the end of 2006 a nikonian friend of mine invited me to join him on a photo tour with analog film. I instantly agreed and bought some APX 400. After the tour my decision was clear: I need a DSLR - now!

Well, it all came like you all know... I got a very bad case of LBA - just look in my profile...

I hope to have a good time here, so cheers everybody!

08-04-2008, 02:58 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome! My wife was born in Braunschweig. I've never been there, but I have visited where she grew up, which is Nienburg (about 45mins away). We were there earlier this year. I love Germany and hope to make it back over there soon (probably next year).
08-04-2008, 03:15 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum! Sure wish I'd had a start in photography like that. Post some pix when you get the time.