Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2017, 06:13 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Hi from Adelaide, South Australia, Australia.

My name is Alan, I'm a retired bus driver, living in Elizabeth South Australia, I have been interested in photography most of my life, however I have not done a lot of it. My first SLR camera was a MZ50 35mm film camera, that is why I have stayed with Pentax, saves buying different lenses for different brand camera's. My first DSLR was the Pentax *ist D. I have had a number of Pentax DSLR camera's since. I currently have a K-7 and a K-S2. I prefer landscape photography manly because I don't think I'm very good at most other types of photography.

01-14-2017, 06:19 AM   #2
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi, Alan, and welcome aboard - glad you could join us!

We're certainly fortunate that our newer Pentax bodies can use all of the older glass, and it gives us a lot of choice for relatively inexpensive legacy lenses

I do a little bit of everything with my photography - mainly because I'm equally bad at all of it!

Looking forward to your involvement here!
01-14-2017, 06:19 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
G'day Alan. Also from Adelaide (inner south).

I started with a Ricoh slr circa 1976 then upgraded to a Pentax ME Super when that was released. Now using a K-3 although I may go out and buy a K-1 as soon as tomorrow.

I had a M 50 F1.7 from the ME Super and since slowly acquired a lot of the M series lenses.

I too lean towards landscape but do try to do other stuff as well.
01-14-2017, 06:27 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome from an Adelaide Hillbilly.

You'll only get get better at other types of photography by *practicing*. And with digital, practice costs almost nothing, so there's no excuse

01-14-2017, 07:26 AM   #5
smf
Pentaxian

Welcome and best wishes from a K-S2 user whose first Pentax — decades ago — was an H1a.
Please consider posting in the Pictures of The Week thread (POTW). You can post images captured during the current week or the previous week.
01-14-2017, 08:39 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Welcome from an ex-Adelaidean. As an extensive user of the Adelaide transport system from the early eighties through to the mid nineties and occasionally beyond, I'm willing to bet you were probably my driver more than once!

No doubt your travels on the highways and by-ways showed you plenty of interesting things to photograph.
01-14-2017, 05:43 PM   #7
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by smiffy2150 Quote
Hi from Adelaide,
Hi from Melbourne Alan. Welcome to the Pentax forums. There is every level of skill with the membership here, from beginners to professionals, but we all have the love of photography as our base, so you will fit right in. Good to have you here mate.

01-14-2017, 11:42 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Welcome aboard! Good luck in your camera hunt!
01-15-2017, 10:55 AM   #9
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by smiffy2150 Quote
however I have not done a lot of it
Welcome to the forum, now you have the time to indulge your photography.
01-15-2017, 07:11 PM   #10
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks everone

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome to Pentax Forums. This is the first time I have been involved in any forum, so I think for while I'll mostly be viewing the posts, as I have a lot of learning to do. Thanks again everyone.
01-15-2017, 08:15 PM   #11

Welcome from about 1000Kms away