Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2017, 10:25 AM   #1

Hello!

A neighbour recently gave me a S1a film body in drool-worthy condition with some lenses. The body has had a CLA with all new seals etc and before joining this forum I found it a really useful place to read up on the body and lenses, so thank you for that.

Also as a result of reviews in the lens review section I've just splashed out on a Super Takumar 85mm f/1.9 in fantastic condition (got a pretty good deal on it too! :-) )

I tried the lens out yesterday and the first roll of HP5+ is now drying in my bathroom. It looks good!

Not sure how much I can contribute when everyone seems to know so much about these cameras already, but I might be able to chip in now and then.

Thank you!

Tim

01-14-2017, 10:45 AM   #2
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello, Tim, and welcome aboard from another Brit. Glad you could join us.

Congratulations on the S1a and lenses, and your ST85/1.9 - nice setup!

Contributing doesn't have to be about adding new information; just getting involved is appreciated.

Looking forward to your posts here
01-14-2017, 12:43 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum Tim!
01-14-2017, 05:21 PM   #4
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia Tim. Welcome to the Pentax forums. Unlike the newer digital camera bodies, the film bodies were not weather sealed, so any " drool " will cause damage !! Good to have you aboard.

01-15-2017, 10:53 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to both the forum and Mistress LBA.