Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2017, 06:08 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Re-entry

Howdy, all!

I joined this forum years ago after purchasing a K-5. Lots of water has gone under the bridge since then. In the interim, I've owned a K-30 and a K-3. After a while of owning both of these, I determined I didn't really NEED the K-30, so I sold it. But, while doing a shoot at a minor local event, some little kid knocked over the tripod the K-3 w/Bigma was mounted on. The lens survived unscathed. The K-3 wasn't as fortunate. The lens mount was ripped from the camera body and stayed on the Bigma. I sent it off to KEH but they sent it back saying the repairs were to extensive for them and advised to send it off to PCR. I submitted the online form to PCR and never heard back from them. So, I sold it on eBay for parts or repair. I now own a K-70. I just received it last Friday but, so far, I'm liking it a lot. Weather here has been pretty crappy lately so I'm restricted to testing in heavy overcast and rain conditions. I'm planning on picking up a floral arrangement to see how it handles things indoors.

Just thought I'd poke in and say howdy.

01-17-2017, 06:20 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome back! That's not a story a lot of us want to read - at least the lens is OK...
01-17-2017, 06:20 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome back! That's not a story a lot of us want to read - at least the lens is OK...
01-17-2017, 07:13 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Long time no see !

How do you like the K-70 vs. the K3 (and the K5 for that matter).
Hope to see some of your pics again here.
Cheers!

Last edited by jpzk; 01-18-2017 at 11:02 AM.
01-17-2017, 07:33 AM   #5
Pentaxian

welcome back from another guy who recently returned to the forum. that story is everyone's worst nightmare , glad the lens survived without even de-centering. good bit of luck in that given the force involved
01-17-2017, 08:06 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Good to see you here again, please refrain from sharing any more of these nightmares, you'll be keeping us all awake at nights.
01-17-2017, 08:31 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Long time no see !

How do you like the K-70 vs. the K5 (and the K5 for that matter).
Hope to see some of your pics again here.
Cheers!
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Good to see you here again, please refrain from sharing any more of these nightmares, you'll be keeping us all awake at nights.
Thanks for the warm return welcome, folks. JPZK, while I liked the K5, I loved the K3. Unfortunately, it was just a bit more than my budget allowed to replace. Even used/refurbed, they are more than what I wanted to spend. The K-70 feature set was what attracted me (still is!). I didn't realize how much I used the full-articulating LCD until I got the Panasonic FZ1000 as a back-up. I'm finding I like the menu system better; what's not to like about in-camera HDR and pixel shift. I'm still going through the manual and finding other really cool features the K-3 doesn't have, too. Though I'm not a fan of "scenes", I admit I have used them on rare occasions when I didn't have time to fiddle with settings. I don't miss the top-side command LCD nor the grip capability. I NEVER used the top LCD and the grip added the extra weight I don't need. I *do* miss the extra 2FPS in speed, though. I'm sure it's some settings or other I've overlooked to turn off that will increase the FPS. It just seems lagging right now.

I hope I NEVER have to go through an episode like that again. The parents of vile animal that killed my K-3 never apologized or offered to pay for repair... in fact, never even chastised their devil spawn. It doesn't surprise me given the mindset of people today. I'm sure in THEIR eyes it was somehow MY fault.
01-17-2017, 06:46 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forums.

01-17-2017, 10:26 PM   #9
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome back Gary. We saved your seat.
01-18-2017, 07:07 AM   #10
smf
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome back.
I hope you will post in Picture of The Week threads.
Best wishes.
01-18-2017, 10:57 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Welcome back Gary. We saved your seat.
Many thanks! Saves making reservations.

---------- Post added 01-18-17 at 12:58 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by smf Quote
Welcome back.
I hope you will post in Picture of The Week threads.
Best wishes.
Thanks! I'll give it a whirl!