Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-21-2017, 03:50 PM   #1

New to this forums

Hello everybody, I am an OAP and use a PENTAX Optio 6 Megapixels. It is what I used for taking underwater pictures when we use to hol;iday in the Maldives. We don't go anymore because the insurance was too expensive , but the good thing is we went to Kuredu 4 times and to 7 other islands so you can see why I bought this camera new for £300.00 .

01-21-2017, 03:54 PM   #2
smf
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome and best wishes.
Please consider posting images in the Picture of The Week thread, which ismin the Weekly Challenges area. I plan to post a new thread on Sunday.
01-21-2017, 03:57 PM   #3
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia " Sweeney". Welcome to the Pentax forums. Good to have you aboard.
01-22-2017, 10:33 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sweeney-Todd-401 Quote
Hello everybody, I am an OAP and use a PENTAX Optio 6 Megapixels. It is what I used for taking underwater pictures when we use to hol;iday in the Maldives. We don't go anymore because the insurance was too expensive , but the good thing is we went to Kuredu 4 times and to 7 other islands so you can see why I bought this camera new for £300.00 .
I didn't finish writing the rest of the question before my computer just locked up on me.
So the rest of the query is I bought some SD cards ,3 x 2gb , 1 x 4gb and 1 x 8gb. and when I put the 3 x 2gb they worked alright . When I tried the 4gb & 8gb cards the camera came up with an answer "MEMORY CARD ERROR ", and when I read some of the answers some say " FORMAT THE CARD " plus there was a "Yellow picture of what looked like a locked padlock any idea folks . When I bought the camera about 10 years ago there was a CD that gave you "Fault and Repairs " but over the years I have either misplaced or lost it. Can anybody help . Thanks in advance people. Dave.

01-23-2017, 01:19 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome, must try that when the next a purchase looms... "it's with the saved insurance money".