Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
02-01-2017, 09:52 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My eclipse experience was 1979, way back in the depths of film so I'll be learning new tricks. It sure will be nice to have one camera just shooting every 2-5 seconds so I cannot completely mess up (battery failures notwithstanding!).

02-02-2017, 06:19 AM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
My eclipse experience was 1979, way back in the depths of film so I'll be learning new tricks. It sure will be nice to have one camera just shooting every 2-5 seconds so I cannot completely mess up (battery failures notwithstanding!).
My husband has been doing extensive research on solar for our travel trailer. When I mentioned having enough battery capacity for this event, it caught his interest. If he comes up with a means to power my stuff with larger batteries, I'll start another thread.
02-16-2017, 07:57 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by hcc Quote
There are regularly threads on astro-photography at PF. Recent ones includes:
Astrophoto - recommended settings for the K-1 - PentaxForums.com
Astrotracer shows trails, what am I doing wrong? - PentaxForums.com
The K-3II astrotracer(or o-gps1), and wide angle lenses.. an observation. - PentaxForums.com
Astrophotography. Astrotracer worth it? - PentaxForums.com

Also the following PF social group:
Pentax Nightowls - PentaxForums.com

Maybe PF needs to have a couple of 'sticky posts' on astrophotography, or even a sub-heading forum (in Photography technique) dedicated to astrophotography.

Maybe group, or thread dedicated to astrophotography. It's hard to search for images everywhere.
02-16-2017, 09:35 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
Maybe group, or thread dedicated to astrophotography. It's hard to search for images everywhere.

02-16-2017, 10:34 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Star parties are a great way to meet more people interested in astronomy. I saw you're in Texas so I immediately thought of https://texasstarparty.org/. Then I realized you're near Houston, so perhaps a 10 hour drive away. I tried :|
02-17-2017, 05:52 AM   #21

Original Poster
Believe it or not there are actually astronomy clubs in the Greater Houston area. One of them is having their monthly meeting next week and the guest speaker is a professional photographer. Next weekend we're traveling to the San Angelo area, so I'll attend if I have my travel prep done in time. I was impressed to discover they actually have some dark sky locations in a neighboring county, and The Houston Museum of Natural Science has the George Observatory.

Texas Parks and Wildlife has a program for Dark Skies certification. They're working to certify parks across the state and have extended the program to populated areas to help decrease light pollution.
02-17-2017, 11:20 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
Oh, it's different than I found before, thanks.