Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2017, 06:37 AM   #1

Hello from Michigan

Hello I'm Sean and I'm from the Great Lakes State. I've just recently become interested in shooting film currently using a Fuji GA645, but I'm very interested in going to a larger format with the Pentax 67 so I've been researching and checking out the classifieds! Looking forward to reading up more on the other threads as well.

02-23-2017, 08:28 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums.
02-23-2017, 08:35 AM   #3

Welcome to the forums Sean!
There is an abundance of info for shooting with the 67 if you look around. You can get into the system at a pretty good price, cheaper than 645. The lenses can be picked up for great deals. You can also read user reviews n the lenses and bodies here if you check the reviews sections in the drop downs at the top to figure out which ones are better than others. The 67 is a SLR body on steroids as far as handling it. I would recommend grabbing the newest body version you can find/afford to pick up (but of course this applies to most out of production film cameras). Lenses are pretty good as long as you go with the SMC ones.
02-23-2017, 01:29 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by johnsey Quote
Welcome to the forums Sean!
There is an abundance of info for shooting with the 67 if you look around. You can get into the system at a pretty good price, cheaper than 645. The lenses can be picked up for great deals. You can also read user reviews n the lenses and bodies here if you check the reviews sections in the drop downs at the top to figure out which ones are better than others. The 67 is a SLR body on steroids as far as handling it. I would recommend grabbing the newest body version you can find/afford to pick up (but of course this applies to most out of production film cameras). Lenses are pretty good as long as you go with the SMC ones.
Thanks I'm learning quite a bit and I appreciate your suggestions. Coming from digital I appreciate that shooting film makes me slow down a lot and really focus on composition and settings and I guess that's part of the appeal of the 67 is going to a more manual approach.

02-23-2017, 02:16 PM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome, let us know how you get on finding your 67.
02-23-2017, 06:39 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Welcome.

Are you in any particular part of Michigan?

I am on the west coast.

Last edited by bladerunner6; 02-24-2017 at 11:11 AM.
02-23-2017, 09:53 PM   #7
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia Sean. Welcome to the Pentax forums, and good to have you here.

02-24-2017, 09:42 AM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bladerunner6 Quote
Welcome.

Are you n any particular part of Michigan?

I am on the west coast.
I'm from the Lansing area, but there are so many great places to shoot here in Michigan I find myself traveling quite a bit!
02-25-2017, 09:44 AM   #9
smf
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome and best wishes.

Please consider joining the Michigan social group here at Pentaxforums. There is also a broader social group which includes Michigan.

Midland has a number of photgraphic possibilities. Upcoming is the annual Butterflies in Bloom event at Dow Gardens, which is mentioned in a thread at the Michigan social group.
02-25-2017, 09:48 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's a crime how little you can get some of the great 67 lenses for - if you're into MF film, it's a bargain outfit
02-25-2017, 11:32 AM   #11

Welcome
02-27-2017, 07:31 AM   #12

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by smf Quote
Welcome and best wishes.

Please consider joining the Michigan social group here at Pentaxforums. There is also a broader social group which includes Michigan.

Midland has a number of photgraphic possibilities. Upcoming is the annual Butterflies in Bloom event at Dow Gardens, which is mentioned in a thread at the Michigan social group.
I will definitely check that out. Thanks!