Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2017, 10:50 AM - 1 Like   #1

Hello from Warsaw

Hi everyone and thanks Adam for managing such a great forum!

When I was a teenager I had an ME Super, which I sadly no longer own. Now my wife and I use a K30 with the kit lens and it is a fine camera.

However, we are experiencing the aperture block failure, so I'm busy reading the many threads about that.

We have found one extra workaround as a temporary fix to get shooting again. Switch to Liveview mode, take one or two shots and then switch back to normal SLR mode. This seems to help loosen the stuck part back into normal action. I suspect it won't keep working and we'll end up looking for a repair, but we're long out of warranty - it's already 3 years old!

I'll keep looking for solutions in Europe, as so far I can only see independent fixes in the US.

Cheers for now
:-)

02-24-2017, 02:10 PM   #2

Kraków says hello, welcome to the forum :-)
02-24-2017, 02:20 PM   #3
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pwoodcraft1166 Quote
Hello from Warsaw
Hi from Australia. Welcome to the Pentax forums. Very good temporary fix you have given for your K-30. Good to have you here.
02-24-2017, 02:55 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums.

02-25-2017, 01:32 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, this could be the excuse you've both been waiting for to get something shiny and new.