Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-02-2017, 07:25 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Hello from Pennsylvania

This is such a fantastic forum for any photographer. For a couple of weeks I have been reading many of the reviews on cameras & lenses and I am in awe at the amount of information & talent shown here. A wee bit about me: back in 1967 purchased a Pentax Spotmatic, a Takumar 50/1.4 lens, Takumar 300/6.3 lens and used them extensively for about 5 years; then also purchased a Pentax bellows & slide copier, a Pentax 135/2.5 model 2 with the 8 apertures blades and continued having lots of fun. In the mid to late 70's purchased the Pentax MX, a Pentax adapter to make use of the old M42 lenses, and another newer Pentax 50/1.4 lens. Continued to enjoy the many pleasures of photography until about 25 years ago when the road of life takes one of those strange turns. About 5 years ago picked up a point & shoot digital which provided very limited shooting compared to the old 35 slr's. Was wanting to get back in to things but was very uncertain with regards to what camera to buy; strongly considered the APS-C crop frames. Now, after reading all the reviews on this forum & else where I am sure that the new Pentax K 1 is the camera of my dreams for the last so many years. I am very excited & anxious to return to the FF photography with such a fine camera and to be able to make use of the old glass. Have not decided on which zoom lens but I will be getting at least one to go with the K 1. It will be quite the learning experience for me to adjust from all manual to a DSLR FF and this will be my first zoom lens. Most likely I will purchase these items from B&H.
Best Regards, Bob

Last edited by jabobby; 03-02-2017 at 07:33 PM.
03-02-2017, 07:32 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello Bob, and welcome to the Forums.
03-02-2017, 08:09 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forums.
03-02-2017, 09:00 PM   #4
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jabobby Quote
Hello from Pennsylvania
Hi from Australia Bob. Welcome to the Pentax forums and the future joys of the K-1 !!! Good to have you aboard.

03-02-2017, 10:21 PM   #5

Welcome Bob, enjoy your time here.
03-03-2017, 01:09 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to a Pentax veteran, enjoy the K1 once you get your hands on her.
03-03-2017, 12:39 PM   #7
smf
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome and best wishes.

Please consider posting images in the Picture of The Week threads in the Weekly Photo Challenges area.
« hello | hello »