Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-20-2017, 09:06 AM   #31
smf
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome and best wishes.

I hope you'll consider posting images in the Picture of The Week threads in the Weekly Photo Challenges area.

03-20-2017, 06:18 PM   #32
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:
IMO There is a fine line between water resistant and water proof and it's really not something I intend to do with my camera, but it is reassuring to know.
The Ricoh I have is waterproof to 30 m, so that's a bit more than a 'fine line'!

QuoteQuote:
On a sidenote - I am on a hunt for a camera bag and I didn't think about a waterproof one lol.
In the Wet-Dry tropics, when it is wet, it tends to be very wet! In normal rain, my camera bags seal well enough. In a downpour, a rain cover would be needed.
03-20-2017, 08:31 PM   #33

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Keith23 Quote
The Ricoh I have is waterproof to 30 m, so that's a bit more than a 'fine line'!

In the Wet-Dry tropics, when it is wet, it tends to be very wet! In normal rain, my camera bags seal well enough. In a downpour, a rain cover would be needed.
Sorry if I caused a misunderstanding there..... I actually meant between water resistant and waterproof A bit like rain jackets I guess. Be fine in showers, light rain perhaps but maybe not a heavy constant downpour. And I would assume that exposing a wr camera to such adverse conditions frequently would diminish the wr quality over time but what do I know It's really not a feature I want to test to it's limits lol. I did consider buying a waterproof camera as I do love taking photos of the rain, so that may be the next purchase.... Gosh my purchase list just keeps growing.
03-21-2017, 05:51 PM   #34
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:
And I would assume that exposing a wr camera to such adverse conditions frequently would diminish the wr quality over time but what do I know It's really not a feature I want to test to it's limits lol.
I'm assuming the seals are rubber or some similar material, so would gradually fail over time.

QuoteQuote:
I did consider buying a waterproof camera as I do love taking photos of the rain, so that may be the next purchase.... Gosh my purchase list just keeps growing.
Those purchase lists do not seem to ever get shorter! I have good photos of storms and rain from a distance but up close, not so much.

03-24-2017, 04:18 AM   #35

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Geez the supplier must be overseas because I am still waiting for the phone call for me to pick it up.... Monday, they're gonna get a mouthful as that will be 14 days (10 business)..... This is my first experience dealing with camerahouse just so I would save $120, compared to who I usually deal with but I would've walked out with it the same day...... Sometimes saving a few dollars is really hard lol.

Why didn't I think of price match! *face palm*

Last edited by mealznpukz; 03-24-2017 at 04:27 AM. Reason: to add