Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2017, 01:33 PM   #1

Greetings from (sometimes) Maryland, USA

Hello all,

I wanted to take a second to introduce myself. I'm Martin, mostly living in Baltimore. I started out with a Honeywell SP500, and seem to get the urge to update every 20 or so years. So I have an SF1, and just succumbed to the K1. I have now joined this forum to learn all that I've missed over the years.

Why have I stayed with Pentax? Actually, I started not to. I went digital with the cheap Canon years ago, and started buying good lenses for it with the Canon EF 100-400. Then I met my wife, who is a much more artistic photographer than me, who owned a 1DX, and I never saw the lens again!

Every now and again, I would check to see if Pentax yet had a FF DSLR. Why? I had this old 15mm rectilinear Pentax lens that needed a home without film. Then, as we were planning a trip to catch the Northern Lights in Tromso, I found the K1!

So now I will resume with Pentax, and look to do landscapes.

Now, about this supply of D-76 that I have...

Martin

04-02-2017, 01:53 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, that lens and K1 make for an awesome combo.
04-02-2017, 02:00 PM   #3
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia Martin. Welcome to the Pentax forums, and back to Pentax equipment. Any help or advice you may need getting back up to speed will be happily given by the membership here. Good to have you aboard.
04-02-2017, 02:06 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums.

04-03-2017, 08:56 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Welcome, Martin!