Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-11-2008, 11:35 AM   #1

Hello world!

Hi there. I am from the indian ocean island of Sri Lanka and I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my K20D and paraphernalia which should reach me in September (just in time for my birthday!)

I work for a non profit research organization but as an IT manager and not a researcher. While I have toyed with older cameras as a kid I got my first camera, a Panasonic Lumix FZ18 P&S, last November. I picked this because I was quite frustrated with limited reach while trying to take pictures at Pilanesberg Park in South Africa. I quite enjoy using this camera and you can see my rather basic work on the Picasa and Flickr links below.

Picasa Web Albums - nirudha

http://www.flickrriver.com/photos/yador/ (I suggest you look further down the page as the last few are mostly experiments and holiday snaps!)

Before deciding on the K20D I did use a Rebel XTi (and really would have liked to try and XSi), 40D and D80. But in the end what I read about the Pentax system made me opt for something different to what everyone I know is using. Keeping my fingers crossed till the K20D is in my hands!

Hope to be an active member here very soon.

Cheers!

Last edited by nirudha; 08-11-2008 at 11:50 AM.
08-11-2008, 02:11 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will be very happy with the K20D. What lenses are you going to get?
08-11-2008, 07:48 PM   #3

Original Poster
A FA 50mm f/1.4, plus I wanted some telephoto capability and decided to go with a safe choice in the DA 55-300mm and the DA 18-55mm AL II (as it was cheap enough.)

After having spent some time in the forums I wonder if the DA 40mm Limited would have been a better choice but I think this should keep me quite happy for awhile. I do plan to eventually get the 10-17mm fish-eye.