Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
04-12-2017, 01:55 PM - 2 Likes   #1
davideroccato

Just got my K-S2

Hi guys,

I've just gotten my new K-S2 on Monday.

I still have to read all the instructions on how to use everything but I've already taken 200 pics just for testing things.

I'm not new to photography but it's the first Reflex and the first Pentax as well. So I definitely hope to have some help in the next period.

I'd like to learn very well to take pictures indoor for now, like homes, restaurants, pubs and so on. I suppose it might not be the best in low-light but it doesn't matter. I want to see how good it could be pushing to the limits step by step. So, right now I'm trying to see how I can get the best from the native Flash, but I will soon have to buy a proper Flash as well.

Somehow, Pentax inspired me, so I hope to get the most out of it. Any advice and help is welcomed.

Thanks a lot.
Davide

Attached Images

04-12-2017, 02:57 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome Davide.

Pentax drew me in because of the shooting ergonomics and for their notoriety under the Asahi Pentax label (started with a K1000).

If you look at Strobist tutorials you can find some very good instruction and economical suggestions to get started with off-camera flash and lighting
04-12-2017, 07:24 PM - 1 Like   #3
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia David. Welcome to the Pentax forums, and the excellent K-S2. Any help you may need will be quickly given by the membership here. Good to have you aboard.
04-12-2017, 07:33 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome!

Actually, the K-S2 is pretty decent in low light. (I have the white one.) You should be able to get very usable pictures up to ISO 3200, and the 18-50 kit lens is a solid performer.

Best of luck as you explore the possibilities!

04-13-2017, 04:44 AM   #5
davideroccato

Thank you guys,

I will definitely take the time to read a lot of stuff here. It's kinda full of useful resources.
04-13-2017, 07:32 AM - 1 Like   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome aboard, enjoy your new kit.
04-13-2017, 01:32 PM   #7
davideroccato

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome aboard, enjoy your new kit.
Thank you. I definitely will