Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-13-2017, 11:26 AM - 2 Likes   #1

New to Pentax and Dslr's

Hello everyone,
brand new Pentax owner here from Denver Colorado. I've never owned a dslr before(or even a point and shoot), but ive always had an interest in photography since i was in high school. im one of those Millennials that after posting a bunch of instagram photos, decided that i wanted something more than just a smartphone, a gopro, and a app for my photography. i read a bunch of reviews and decided on the K70 as my new adventure camera. ive only taken a few pics so far, but im absolutely loving it. also, having live view when using manual has been really helpful for a newb like me to get the iso, fstop and shutterspeed right to get a good looking picture. ive also order and used a rokinon 14mm, but returned it and ordered a pentax 10-17mm for a more fisheye effect. i'll be doing a bunch of hiking and summiting 14ers this summer, as well as a honeymoon in Moab, so i'm excited to take this camera with me for some awesome landscape shots.

below are some mess around shots ive done so far since i got the camera last week. they are not edited at all (still need to purchase photoshop or lightroom)

04-13-2017, 12:25 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, and nice start. Cute dog, too.
04-13-2017, 09:46 PM   #3
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia. Welcome to the Pentax forums, and excellent 1st pix. Good to have you aboard.
04-13-2017, 11:54 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy both it and your new found photography the Pentax way.

« Greetings | Hi. »