Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-16-2017, 10:17 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Site Supporter

To all Asahi Pentax screw mount collectors

Hi all
Finally joined Pentax Forums - it did take a while so.
Bought my first Asahi Pentax SV back in 1964 with a Gossen Sixtar lightmeter - still in a good nick. Introduced to to the dark room and built with my buddy our first B&W enlarger by converting a vintage folding camera. During 1965/1966 assisted the AMVJ (social & youth club) in Rotterdam in setting up a camera club with two dark rooms.Left for Australia in 1966. Fast forward - some 25 years ago I renewed my interests in cameras. My choice was the Asahi Pentax screw mounts (both 37 and 42mm) and ever since I stuck with it. Befriended with Gerjan van Oosten and his Guide became my 'bible' so to speak. Dario Bonazza was another great source of information. Worldwide there were about half a dozen Asahi Pentax collectors with whom we frequent were in touch (UK, USA, Sweden, Canada, Italy and Australia). But as time moves along that became less and less. The time is now right for me to spend more time with my collection, sorting, cataloging, servicing & repairing, etc. Have not as yet counted what there is. Probaly some 150+ cameras, couple of hundred lenses, to many books (including all editions), leaflets, spare parts, original blue prints of several Asahiflex cameras, etc etc. Main task is finding the right type of display cabinets. I am fortunate to have availabe a spare room.
Well this is me. Speak to you at the Forum.
regards
012welcome

04-16-2017, 11:01 PM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi from " just up the road " mate. Welcome to the Pentax forums. Sounds like a wonderful collection you have, and good to have you aboard.
04-17-2017, 12:00 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Wow, sounds like you have a hell of a collection. Welcome to the forum.

You'll find here many fans of the old screw mount, especially M42 (myself among them). Many will use M42 lenses only on digital SLRs but I and others also use the screw mount cameras with film.
04-17-2017, 12:14 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome

Welcome to the Forum. You can become a marvellous resource to all of us.

04-17-2017, 12:37 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 012welcome Quote
Hi all
Bought my first Asahi Pentax SV back in 1964 with a Gossen Sixtar lightmeter - still in a good nick. Introduced to to the dark room and built with my buddy our first B&W enlarger by converting a vintage folding camera. During 1965/1966 assisted the AMVJ (social & youth club) in Rotterdam in setting up a camera club with two dark rooms.Left for Australia in 1966. Fast forward - some 25 years ago I renewed my interests in cameras. My choice was the Asahi Pentax screw mounts (both 37 and 42mm) and ever since I stuck with it. Befriended with Gerjan van Oosten and his Guide became my 'bible' so to speak. Dario Bonazza was another great source of information. Worldwide there were about half a dozen Asahi Pentax collectors with whom we frequent were in touch (UK, USA, Sweden, Canada, Italy and Australia). But as time moves along that became less and less. The time is now right for me to spend more time with my collection, sorting, cataloging, servicing & repairing, etc. Have not as yet counted what there is. Probaly some 150+ cameras, couple of hundred lenses, to many books (including all editions), leaflets, spare parts, original blue prints of several Asahiflex cameras, etc etc. Main task is finding the right type of display cabinets. I am fortunate to have availabe a spare room.
regards
012welcome
Hi,

From another Asahi Pentax collector and user.

Regards.
04-17-2017, 07:51 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome! I'm sure my modest Takumar collection is tiny compared to yours but I do enjoy them very much.
04-17-2017, 09:41 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow, that's amazing! Glad to have you on board. I have maybe a dozen screw mount lenses, which I use with much joy on my DSLRs.

04-17-2017, 10:47 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Welcome. I still have my S1a and black bodied ES ll...both bought new,
04-17-2017, 10:57 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you for joining and posting. I received in the mail today:
  • Tower 23 + case + A-K 3.5/50 - EX+
  • Tower 22 + A-K 2.4/58 + lens cap - VG
  • Auto-Takumar 1:3.5/35 with cap and case (black/black) - VG
Looking forward to discussing early Pentax!
04-17-2017, 01:21 PM   #10
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
it did take a while so
Welcome, your here now... enjoy all the forum has to offer.
04-18-2017, 04:21 AM   #11

Photos: Albums
Hi all
regards
012welcome
welcome from Tassy , I have 5 Ashi lens which I use on my canon EOS 1D mark 3 with a adapter what I am wishing to do is get a 42mm adapter for my Pentax MG 35mm film and use them, Must get around to it one day.