Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2007, 12:52 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello From Darwin Australia!!

Hello everyone, my names Tim and I'm from Darwin Australia the lightning capital of the world. I hope to post some of my lightning shots in the forum soon. Hope everyone's having a great day!!

02-18-2007, 02:03 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Gday Tim and welcome. Looking forward to some Darwin thunder. I didn't own my K10D then, d'oh.

Peter
02-18-2007, 02:57 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
welcome...
02-18-2007, 04:56 AM   #4
Forum Member

Welcome Tim, looking forward to those images.

02-18-2007, 04:58 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Welcome too. I would love to visit Darwin one day. I heard a lot of things had changed for the last few years. Lots of development and fantastic resorts

It is the huge number of waterfalls in the northern territory that I am so interested in
02-18-2007, 05:30 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
You can see some of my lightning shots and waterfall photos in my gallery link Zenfolio | Shutterbug Photography

Yes, Darwin has really come a long way since it was just a bush community (even although you still get plenty of ferals that are are drunk 24hrs a day). We have apartment buildings going up everywhere, a wave pool being built which is part of a massive waterfront project. Oh, people are now getting their houses Air Conned, lol. I couldn't believe it when I first came here, it was difficult to find a fully ACed unit even although the temp never gets below 30c in the day time. I really hope that Darwin gets more of a southern influence over the coming years and more people move here.

Anyway, I'll be getting my K10D soon and I'm looking forward to being part of the Pentax crew as well as the Dyxum crew.

To the Admin - there seems to be a lot of to & fro from Sony/KM - Pentax and visa-versa lately, it's a pity we can't just be one big in camera body image stabilized happy family. I'd love to see a teamed effort to organize a yearly Sony/KM/Pentax forums photo contest. We could call it the battle of the forums, just my 2 cents.

Happy days ahead to all of you!!!
02-18-2007, 07:36 AM   #7
Veteran Member

great pictures