Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-12-2008, 10:56 AM   #1

Greetings from Ireland

My name is Brian. I am 49 years of age. I have been a Pentax fanatic for the last 5 years. I started off with a digital slr (*ist DL) then moved up to the K100D. In the last two years I have been concentrating more on old Pentax film cameras. I get great pleasure from them. I am hoping to move into darkroom developing at some stage. I live in a very rural area and only have access to slow dial-up connection. It is frustrating because it limits my ability to view the images in this forum. I think it is a great forum and I get great pleasure from it. Looking forward to contributing and chatting with you all.
Regards
Brian

08-12-2008, 11:08 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hey Brian -- I'm in Limerick. Moved here from Canada 5 years back. Got a K100D Super, so we have something in common. Guess when your profile says "Dublin" that's just an approximation.
08-12-2008, 11:29 AM   #3
Banned

Welcome to the forums.
08-13-2008, 02:31 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum, Brian.

08-13-2008, 05:22 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Ireland - One of my top five places I want to visit before I kick the bucket Welcome aboard and look forward to seeing your pictures.
08-13-2008, 10:47 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
Ireland - One of my top five places I want to visit before I kick the bucket
The amazing thing is how untouched it is. In most places you can visit without any tourist embellishments at all.

They only just this year put in paid parking at the Cliffs of Moher. Many other sites are barely even signposted. A great place for just exploring.
08-13-2008, 11:02 AM   #7
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
Ireland - One of my top five places I want to visit before I kick the bucket Welcome aboard and look forward to seeing your pictures.
I just got back on the 22nd of July. My suggestion is to move it up from the top 5 to a definite number 1. As Robin said, it's amazing how much of it is unspoiled and IMHO, it is the most beautiful place on earth.

BTW everybody, Andy has been holding out on us. He's shown us wonderful pictures of the caves of Co. Antrim but he didn't tell us how absolutely beautiful the rest of the county is. Especially up around the Tor Head.

CW

08-13-2008, 01:40 PM   #8
Forum Member

Greetings, Brian. I have had an interest in visiting Ireland since I started playing hurling for our local club. The club was talking about sponsoring a trip, but not sure if that is going to work out. Nice to meet you.