Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2017, 04:23 AM   #1

New Member From Scotland

Hi Everyone,

Just joined the forum and hoping to gain some advice on using my recently-acquired Spotmatic F. I'm based in the far north of Scotland and shoot a Fujifilm X-Pro2 as well as the Pentax, sharing M42 lenses between the cameras. My subjects are mostly landscapes and night-sky, but I'm developing an increasing interest in street photography and food.

My Spotmatic has the 55mm f/1.8 SMC Takumar, and I find them a great combo. I'm considering purchasing a 28mm f/3.5 SMC Takumar as well. Can anyone confirm whether this will allow the internal Spotmatic meter to work, as it does with the 55mm?

Thanks in advance, and looking forward to taking part.

Mark

04-27-2017, 04:38 AM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia Mark, and welcome to the Pentax forums. I cannot help you with your " Spotty " question, but somebody surely will soon.
Good to have you here.
04-27-2017, 07:19 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums.
04-27-2017, 08:00 AM   #4
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mark Janes Quote
Hi Everyone,

Just joined the forum and hoping to gain some advice on using my recently-acquired Spotmatic F. I'm based in the far north of Scotland and shoot a Fujifilm X-Pro2 as well as the Pentax, sharing M42 lenses between the cameras. My subjects are mostly landscapes and night-sky, but I'm developing an increasing interest in street photography and food.

My Spotmatic has the 55mm f/1.8 SMC Takumar, and I find them a great combo. I'm considering purchasing a 28mm f/3.5 SMC Takumar as well. Can anyone confirm whether this will allow the internal Spotmatic meter to work, as it does with the 55mm?

Thanks in advance, and looking forward to taking part.

Mark
you have started the right way, ask questions

we have lots of knowledgeable members who like to answer them (BTW, I am not among those who are knowledgeable but I am among those who dare to ask questions. )

I also recommend going to the top of the page and see what information you can gain by clicking on "Cameras", "Lenses", "Accessories" and "Articles" and the subsequent links you will find

post some photos please while you are gaining knowledge and learning so we can enjoy

and look at some of the more "fun" threads such as

PentaxForums.com → Photo Sharing and Galleries → Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories → Alphabet Race (a very quick game)

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/26-mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/7...uick-game.html

PentaxForums.com → Photo Sharing and Galleries → Weekly Photo Challenges → Caption Contest 04/23 - 04/30 caption contest

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/129-weekly-photo-challenges/344780-capti...n-contest.html

PentaxForums.com → Photo Sharing and Galleries → Weekly Photo Challenges → Weekly Challenge Picture of The Week (POTW) 452 April 15 — April 29, 2017

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/129-weekly-photo-challenges/344704-weekl...29-2017-a.html

PentaxForums.com → Off-Topic Forums → Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. → Got Squirrel Shots?

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/76-non-pentax-cameras-canon-nikon-etc/26...rel-shots.html

to see if you might want to participate in those or other "fun" threads

very glad to have you join us.

04-27-2017, 01:31 PM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
New Member From Scotland
Welcome to the forum, how far North?... I'm on the shores of Loch Ness.
04-28-2017, 12:59 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, how far North?... I'm on the shores of Loch Ness.
Hi Kerrowdown, we're in Tain, Easter-Ross, on the shores of the Dornoch Firth. Thanks for the welcome!
04-28-2017, 01:01 AM   #7

Original Poster
Hi folks, thanks for the welcomes, and the useful links.

Cheers

Mark

04-28-2017, 01:14 PM - 1 Like   #8
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
we're in Tain
The home of "Sixteen Men".