Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-27-2017, 08:58 AM - 1 Like   #1

New member from UK

Hi
I have been on this forum for some time but have decided to introduce myself to you.

I live in the UK near to Bedford and have been playing around with cameras for many a year. I have done wedding and architectural photography as part of another job but now that I am retired I just potter around trying things!

I have recently converted from Micro 4/3 to Pentax crop factor (APSC) and enjoy the availability of so many lenses. I have even purchased a couple of film bodies which brings back many nice memories. I have replaced the light seals on a Program A, tested it with a colour film and have now scanned it to see what can be done.
I am at present running some XP2 through a P30 and am looking forward to scanning the black and white negs as well.

Any suggestions on using old film cameras would be welcomed.

My digital cameras consist of a Ist DL2 and a K50 which I love!
Ben

04-27-2017, 09:33 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums.
04-27-2017, 01:33 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome, it's good you've introduced yourself, at least we know your there now.
04-28-2017, 01:10 AM   #4
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia Ben, and welcome to the Pentax forums. Good to have you aboard.

08-14-2017, 01:11 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome guys.
Still using the K50 but have picked up a Samsung GX10 along with a 16-45 F4 lens, 18-55 and a 50-200. I also own a Sigma Mk1 18-200
If I was to have a sort out which lenses would you advise keeping?
08-31-2017, 08:03 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums, Ben!

Regarding shooting film - there's a wealth of knowledge and some very helpful people here shooting film still that usually posts in this section of the forums: Pentax Film SLR Discussion - PentaxForums.com

The GX10 can do some lovely colors when the light is good (not so good a camera in low light, unless you are crazy like me and shoot it with f/1.4 lenses - I have the K10D, the Pentax version of that camera). Regarding the lenses, the 16-45 was always a very well regarded lens and I still think it's super. It doesn't get much love here in the forums anymore because newer lenses like the 18-135 and the 16-85 have a bigger range and are very good lenses as well, but since you already have the 16-45, I would keep it and play with it, I think you will be surprised at the results you can get from it.

You probably have some vintage lenses you are shooting with the P30 (which I also own, in the P30T version - great camera!). You know you can use those with all the digital bodies as well, right? And you can use any modern lens on the film bodies, as long as you use them on one of the automated modes, since they lack the aperture ring. Some lenses, even if they are made for APS-C crop bodies, have a good part of the range that covers the full 24x36 film frame. The 16-45mm, for example, will work very well on your film body from about 22mm to 45mm - giving you a very nice, high quality wide angle lens for your film adventures